VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a player for MP4 / M4A which handles chapter markers, so can navigate between chapters.
    I'm searching for any OS, so Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, iOS.

On the software tab I found some players for Windows (SEARCH).
    My best player by now is VLC, but Android version doesn't handle chapters. Don't know in iOS.

So do you know any player which handles chapters in Android and iOS?
    Do you know other players in Linux & Mac OS, other than VLC?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hmmm ... interesting that the Android version of VLC doesn't handle chapters.

However, I am confused by your post. You say:

I'm searching for any OS, so Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
    but then you say that VLC on Android doesn't handle chapters. Well, I know for a fact that it DOES handle chapters just fine on the Windows version. so if you are searching for "any OS," which is what you wrote, then you've got your answer with VLC.

If you are only interested in the Android players, then you should state that.

So, for Windows, use VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pretty much all the better player in Windows support chapters in mp4/m4v. MPCHC, MPCBE, VLC, KMPlayer, PotPlayer...

And I just checked VLC on my Android phone -- it supports chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  4. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I may be wrong, but pretty soon he's gonna tell us all about this fantastic player that he found, not that he has aything to do with it.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks guys!
    Right johnmeyer, saying "Any" I meant "All", my english just got better.
    I'm going to share files online so they'll be plaid on any OS.

Maybe it's the audio file? I made an audio test using ffmpeg and the chapter list seen HERE.
    Using VLC in Windows I could play and change chapters but using VLC in Android there were no buttons for chapters, see screenshots below.
    Please help..

VLC from Windows - with buttons for chapters
    [Attachment 44912 - Click to enlarge]

VLC from Android - there's no buttons to change chapter
    [Attachment 44913 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. For videos in Android VLC: Press the ... button. Press Chapter. Select the chapter you want from the list. I didn't see the equivalent when playing m4a.
    Quote Quote  
  7. VLC for Android handles chapter playing videos, not audios.

Any other player for Android or iOS whic handle chapters for audios?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I know this is an old post, but it would have helped me. I converted all my audiobooks to single file M4A with chapter markers using fre:ac, and now I play them with an open source application called Voice Audiobook Player. The interface is a little basic but it gets the job done, and I honestly can't find any other player that does.
    Quote Quote