VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded a video from YouTube with VP9/Opus codecs.
    But its not well play in VLC and Windows Media Player. I tried Handbrake to encode Vp9 to H.264, but it waste more time and lose quality.
    Is any way to i convert Vp9/MKV to H.264/MP4 without re-encoding ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DonSeenu View Post
    I downloaded a video from YouTube with VP9/Opus codecs.
    But its not well play in VLC and Windows Media Player. I tried Handbrake to encode Vp9 to H.264, but it waste more time and lose quality.
    Is any way to i convert Vp9/MKV to H.264/MP4 without re-encoding ?
    No.

You should just download the h264/aac/mp4 version directly from youtube
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why convert it when you can just download the H.264 mp4 from YouTube? Programs like jdownloader and youtube-dl let you select the format to download. There are also websites like keepvid that download the video in mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I purchased a movie on YouTube, which is not downloadable in YouTube -dl /savefrom ��,
    When i play YouTube from my account, just IDM capture option appears. IDM can download it but not in h.264 /aac, it is download in VP9 which not play well in some other device like TV , also VLC.
    Pls. Anyone have a right way to change only codecs ? I don't want to compress it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. not possible without re-encoding

Figure out another way to download the h264/aac version. For example, you can enter authentication credentials (login/pw)with youtube-dl , did you try that ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check if it is also HDR (you can tell if it is vp9.2).
    If it is then you have other problems too like converting HDR->SDR, there's threads around the place lamenting hdr->sdr at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    not possible without re-encoding

Figure out another way to download the h264/aac version. For example, you can enter authentication credentials (login/pw)with youtube-dl , did you try that ?
    i want to try your idea, please tell me how to do it ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DonSeenu View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    not possible without re-encoding

i want to try your idea, please tell me how to do it ?
    look at the help for switches , under authentication options

youtube-dl -h

Code:

Authentication Options:
        -u, --username USERNAME          Login with this account ID
        -p, --password PASSWORD          Account password. If this option is left
                                         out, youtube-dl will ask interactively.
        -2, --twofactor TWOFACTOR        Two-factor authentication code
        -n, --netrc                      Use .netrc authentication data
        --video-password PASSWORD        Video password (vimeo, smotri, youku)
    Quote Quote