VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

---> https://vogue.globo.com/Video/Lifestyle/Mister-V/noticia/2018/02/marina-ruy-barbosa-so...inha-vida.html

How to get the video from the link above? It's located at the top of the page.

When I try to open using Tubedigger the program do not load the page completely and I can't download nothing. There are 3 or 4 different resolution for the video.

Thanks for your tips.

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Get the m3u8 url from a web browser's Developer Tools (F12). Then use youtube-dl to download:

Code:
    youtube-dl "https://security.video.globo.com/videos/6472613/hash?resource_id=5a75c362636d610fac000000_90_720_m3u8&callback=getHash_1520731852082&version=4.12.3&player=desktop&tz=-08%3A00&cdn=globo&profile=max"
    You don't actually need everything past "m3u8" with this particular video:

Code:
    youtube-dl "https://security.video.globo.com/videos/6472613/hash?resource_id=5a75c362636d610fac000000_90_720_m3u8
    Quote Quote  
  3. @jagabo

Hi. Thanks for your help! It works!

Why Tubedigger does not download the video directly?

Where in web browser's Developer Tools I can get the m3u8 url?

In such kind of sites I must always search for m3u8 url for downloading purposes?

Thanks four your time!

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Deleted.

Reason: posted twice by mistake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    I don't know anything about the program. But web sites are always trying to obfuscate their video to prevent downloads.

Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    Where in web browser's Developer Tools I can get the m3u8 url?
    Network tab.

Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    In such kind of sites I must always search for m3u8 url for downloading purposes?
    It depends on what you mean bu "such kind of sites". Those where you need to search for an m3u8 link? By definition, yes. But some sites you don't need to search at all, youtube-dl can parse the main page itself (for example youtube videos, hence the name of the program). Some sites use advanced obfuscation and/or encryption so you need more than an m3u8 link. Some sites use other methods.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    When you start TubeDigger you may read such hint on welcome page:
    If video cannot be displayed - switch to Chromium3 browser in settings dialog.
    There are also help (F1) and tutorial and FAQ.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi, dear all.

@ jagabo

Thanks for the tips!

@ TubeDigger

Hi. I did like you said and it works now!

Tubedigger just asked to install Chromium + flash.

Now I have Tubedigger working for "other" sites like Vogue ( Brazil) and I can use youtube-dl + m3u8 url if needed.

Thanks for your tips too!

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote