VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I now have problems playing youtube videos because I uninstalled flash. I am now having problems reinstalling flash.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube should work fine without Flash, as it defaults to HTML5 video (since 2015). I.e. there might be a different issue with your setup.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I am getting "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available". I have installed "YouTube use flash player 0.1.2" on firefox which helps to play the video. But it wasn't like that before. I have installed Adobe Flash Player 28 NPAPI and Adobe Flash Player 28 PPAPI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are some instructions on uninstall/reinstall
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I don't think html5/H.264 works in Windows XP unless you're using an old version of Chrome
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Han Solo1 View Post
    I have installed Adobe Flash Player 28 NPAPI and Adobe Flash Player 28 PPAPI.
    Firefox uses the NPAPI version. The PPAPI version is for different browsers (Opera, Chromium-based apps).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could it be that you have add-ons/plug-ins/extensions that may interfere with the video interpretation? Try watching a YT video with as much as possible customization disabled, see if that changes anything. That may help finding the offending “helper” tool.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I now have problems playing youtube videos because I uninstalled flash. I am now having problems reinstalling flash.
    try clearing your internet browser cookies, restart firefox then retry youtube.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I get this message on some YouTube videos.

The cause? XP.

Many sites, including YouTube, no longer fully support Windows XP. If you are running that O/S, then that's your problem.

There is a workaround that works about 75% of the time. If you get the message, right click on the video screen and click on "Copy Embed Code." Paste that into Notepad and edit it so it becomes a valid URL. For instance, this is the normal link to one of my YouTube videos:

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDNjouEByTo
    Here is the "embed" code, just as it was copied from the right-click & copy operation:

Code:
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qDNjouEByTo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    and finally, here is the URL that I put into the address bar of my browser that will play the video without the error message (most of the time):

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/qDNjouEByTo
    So, I don't think the problem is simply the act of uninstalling Flash.

BTW, if you are still not able to re-install flash, make sure you are using this link:

Download Adobe Flash

Make sure to uncheck the installation boxes for McAfee and any other garbage software that is listed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    His computer details don't say "XP" but I 100% agree.....YouTube and XP no longer play nice together.
    I only have problems with NEW videos. If you wait a few hours YouTube will generate something that XP users can play.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Here are some instructions on uninstall/reinstall
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I don't think html5/H.264 works in Windows XP unless you're using an old version of Chrome
    It seems uninstalling Java first and then uninstalling/reinstallinf Flash did the trick. For some reason clicking the get adobe download link redirected me to a java script link so I decided to uninstall Java.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems uninstalling Java first and then uninstalling/reinstallinf Flash did the trick. For some reason clicking the get adobe download link redirected me to a java script link so I decided to uninstall Java.
    I’m glad you got it working. But Java and JavaScript are unrelated (except for the name), and Java is not invoked with HTML links or YouTube or Flash installers. (There are good security reasons to not view Java content in web browsers, so uninstalling might be a good decision anyway.)
    Quote Quote