VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I put a DVD in my PC Windows says the DVD is blank. This is an old movie that wasn't released on VHS,DVD or Bluray. Would like to restore it with Avisynth but I can't since Windows says the DVD is blank. I played the DVD in a DVD player and it plays fine. Is there a way to get the movie off the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As an interim move use MakeMKV to put it in a MKV container. Won't re-encode or shrink size in = size out. At least you will have it on your hdd.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. That worked. Never thought to use it since Windows, VideoRedo and DVD Shrink didn't see the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If that hadn't worked, ISOBuster should have been able to pull out anything that was put onto the disc.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. It sounds like your DVD is a DVD recorder disc that was never finalized. ISOBuster does a great job on non-finalized discs. Good to hear that MakeMKV may be able to handle them as well.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote