VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. very smort for age
    Search Comp PM
    alright so i have an old dvd rip of super mario bros 3 with chroma issues, basically the chroma channel is one frame out of sync. here are some shots

Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtualDub_2018-03-05_09-38-19.png
Views:	347
Size:	937.4 KB
ID:	44844Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtualDub_2018-03-05_09-37-18.png
Views:	221
Size:	762.2 KB
ID:	44845Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtualDub_2018-03-05_09-38-34.png
Views:	293
Size:	965.5 KB
ID:	44846Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtualDub_2018-03-05_09-37-29.png
Views:	232
Size:	517.4 KB
ID:	44843
    Quote Quote  
  2. MergeChroma(last, Trim(last,1))

or

MergeChroma(last, Loop(2,0,0))

But I suspect there's something more wrong. Post a short video sample of the original DVD MPEG2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. very smort for age
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    MergeChroma(last, Trim(last,1))

or

MergeChroma(last, Loop(2,0,0))

But I suspect there's something more wrong. Post a short video sample of the original DVD MPEG2 video.
    its in VOB format (i ripped it back in 2011/12), should i just post a portion of an avi or convert to mpeg

extra note: i lost the dvd years back
    Quote Quote  
  4. VOB from the DVD is fine. Use DgIndex -- mark a short segment that shows the problem then select File -> Save Project and Demux Video. Upload the resulting M2V file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. very smort for age
    Search Comp PM
    its hard to notice while interlaced though (the original VOB is interlaced) the chroma error is only noticeable when deinterlaced
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks fine in avisynth looked fine with VLC too.

I detelicined the video with this basic script.
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    mpeg2source("C:\Users\.\.\dfg.demuxed.d2v")
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TIVTC.dll")
    tfm(order=-1).tdecimate()
    Exactly how did you get those screen captures and were they before or after you encoded them.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm pretty sure he loaded the MPG video into VirtualDub getting interlaced YV12, or passed interlaced YV12 into VirtualDub from AviSynth. VirtualDub doesn't handle interlaced YV12 correctly. There's nothing wrong with the chroma in the original MPG video. As you pointed out, a simple TFM().TDecimate() works fine. It needs some other cleanup too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. very smort for age
    Search Comp PM
    I converted them to AVI and wrote a simple script to load the AVI into virtualdub (it also converted them to rgb32)
    also when i opened the original vobs in vlc they were interlaced (deinterlace is off)

edit: oh cool you fixed it
    Quote Quote  
  9. [QUOTE=KarMa;2513827]Looks fine in avisynth looked fine with VLC too.

I detelicined the video with this basic script.
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    mpeg2source("C:\Users\.\.\dfg.demuxed.d2v")
    LoadPlugin("O:\Megui\Megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TIVTC.dll")
    tfm(order=-1).tdecimate()
    TDecimate(mode=1) # for animes from the official docu... (default is mode=0)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶D̶V̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶T̶F̶F̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶=̶1̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶=̶-̶1̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶=̶0̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶B̶F̶F̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC/TFM
    Last edited by KarMa; 5th Mar 2018 at 20:06.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Just about everything besides DV is going to be TFF, making =1 the setting to use. The =-1 that I used is just auto mode, which is also the default mode. mode=0 would be BFF which would not be correct for nearly all video.

He wasn't disagreeing with the TFM setting you used and the TDecimate Mode has nothing to do with the field order, but with the decimation decisions. When working with anime that TDecimate(Mode=1) can help a bit in choosing the right frame to remove.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Just about everything besides DV is going to be TFF, making =1 the setting to use. The =-1 that I used is just auto mode, which is also the default mode. mode=0 would be BFF which would not be correct for nearly all video.

He wasn't disagreeing with the TFM setting you used and the TDecimate Mode has nothing to do with the field order, but with the decimation decisions. When working with anime that TDecimate(Mode=1) can help a bit in choosing the right frame to remove.
    Not sure what I was thinking, ignore my post.

There is also Srestore for decimation of sources with a blended field in the duplicate cycle.
    Quote Quote