VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

I wanted to re-render the Fim from a DVD because I had sound on the computer (with VLC) but not on a DVD player.

So I downloaded the directory, from the DVD, and renamed the files VTS_01_01.VOB => VTS_01_04.VOB to VTS_01_xx.mpeg.

Now I have imported the files with "File load". They lie one behind the other in a lane.

It will display a total length of 26: 40: 00: 00 (it would be accurate to about 1:34 hours) and the files are shortened

How do I get the time displayed correctly and the files displayed without any shortening?

A picture of it lies here: http://www.cshare.de/file/0863c2d000c2f6f7f5e5f9ab86985102/Bildschirmfoto_2018-03-05_1...43-48.png.html

With kind regards R. Lehmeier
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try with winff or handbrake to produce a solid mpg file and load that in cinelerra

Or try this

VOB format is a subset of mpeg, so you should be able to combine the VOBs you want to read in just as you would mpeg data: by concatenating them together.

cat first.VOB second.VOB third.VOB | ffmpeg -i - outfile.mp4

Hoisting Matt Gallagher's comment to increase longevity/visibility:
    Newer versions of ffmpeg support concatenation as an operator on the input file. So you could use... ffmpeg -i concat:VTS_01_0.VOB\|VTS_01_1.VOB\|VTS_01_2.VOB outfile.mp4
    Last edited by jan5678; 5th Mar 2018 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jan5678 View Post

Hoisting Matt Gallagher's comment to increase longevity/visibility:
    Newer versions of ffmpeg support concatenation as an operator on the input file. So you could use... ffmpeg -i concat:VTS_01_0.VOB\|VTS_01_1.VOB\|VTS_01_2.VOB outfile.mp4
    Thanks for the tip, but it shrinks the file size.
    But it should stay the same.

How can I adjust it so that the amount of data remains the same. I would like that the picture quality does not deteriorate.

In the manual of ffmpeg I find no indication - or have I overlooked it?

It is displayed when rendering that the buffer size is not specified and thus is set to 130 kb, it may be because or is the bitrate too low ??

Sincerely, R. Lehmeier
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you use cat it should append all files together, so the file size is about the same as all vob's together.

I never used concat myself, found it on the web.

If on Windows you could use vob2mpg
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jan5678 View Post
    If you use cat it should append all files together, so the file size is about the same as all vob's together.

I never used concat myself, found it on the web.

If on Windows you could use vob2mpg
    I have with cat first.VOB second.VOB third.VOB | ffmpeg -i - outfile.mp4 the same Problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No experience with Cinelerra under Manjaro but I use 'Flowblade' under KDE and it imports and edits .ts files directly without renaming. I often edit and join dozens of clips in .ts wrappers and it does seem to keep the overall length and time codes intact. I think Flowblade should load without problems in Manjaro if you want to try it.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not think that it is the Cinelerra.
    I assume that the files are broken.

On a DVD player everything is fine (but without sound), on the computer I have sound but not all chapters are displayed.

The files are quite large and have only a short runtime:

1. VTS_01_1.VOB (1.07 GB, Time 6:28:13 min),
    2. VTS_01_2.VOB (1.07 GB, time 1:51:10 min),
    3. VTS_01_3.Vob, 1985 MB, Time 5:05:08 min)

Since this is a normal DVD (720x576 25 frames / s) does not seem to me right.
    How can I repair the files so that all chapters work again?
    Quote Quote