VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I re-downloaded TSSplitter v1.2 to ensure all the related files were correct, but every time I try to run in under 64-bit Windows 7, I get the following error message:

System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.String' cannot be
    converted to type 'System.Boolean'.
    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValueObject value, Binder binder,
    CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr
    at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValueObj ect obj, Object
    value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture,
    Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency
    at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValueObject obj, Object value,
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture
    at TSSplitter.Settings.SerializeFromRegistryObject obj, String path
    at TSSplitter.MainForm..ctorString[] args
    at TSSplitter.Program.MainString[] args

What the heck? I've searched for other posts about errors from TSSplitter, but I couldn't find anything related to this kind of error.

TSSplitter is a GUI, isn't it? Or is it command line only? What can I do?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think TSMuxer should be able to do everything TSSplitter can do. The latter hasn't been updated in a very long time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I think TSMuxer should be able to do everything TSSplitter can do. The latter hasn't been updated in a very long time.
    Thanks for your reply. The feature of whichever tool I want is the ability for frame-accurate splitting. For some reason I can no longer recall, I had the impression that TSSplitter could do this, while tsMuxer cannot. Though obviously my recall could be -- and probably is -- completely wrong. Do you happen to know?

I bought the Frame Ring's Smart Cutter to do that, but it's a piece of almost infinitely annoying garbage because it crashes 9 times out of 10! There are other products that claim to be able to do this, but they're all too expensive for me these days...

Anyway, thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried TSSplitter (I'm still running XP because all the newer versions of Windows suck) and it does appear to split on any frame. The trouble is, you'll likely have a few frames at the beginning and end of each split point that can't be decoded properly. Chances are, some players won't play those frames so you won't see them. If you later join the split files again, then the group of frames around the split points will be complete and the video will play normally. So yes it's frame accurate, but you're probably not seeing all the frames on playback.

MPC-HC decodes each split section to the end so you'll probably see an incomplete frame or two. SMPlayer seems to stop decoding at the last key frame so you don't see any frames from there to the split point.
    MPC-HC decodes the beginning of each section from the first keyframe, but it uses that frame (repeated as many times as necessary) to replace any frames in an incomplete group at the beginning. The upshot is, the first frame sometimes appears to be paused for a brief period. SMPlayer seems to just decode from the first keyframe.

I tested the above by splitting TS files containing mpeg2 and AVC video. They didn't have any audio so the behaviour might change a little when there is audio (to keep it in sync).

TSMuxer only cuts on key frames, so it won't always cut exactly where you want it to, but each section will have complete groups of frames, so every frame can be decoded properly.

Smart Cutter cuts exactly where you tell it to, but it re-encodes the group of frames around each split point so they'll be complete. I've never used it.
    Quote Quote