VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Pulling my hair out and hoping someone can help me.

I have a video_ts folder from a pal dvd on my mac.

In the past I've played the disc from my mac... but now I can't seem to play it, and my original is broken.

either the video stops early on, or it starts, then plays a random clip from later in the movie, then it goes back and continues.

Is this some kind of CSS? Is there some way to remove this from a folder on a mac easily? do I have to bring it to a friend's PC?

what's the solution here? (I guess I could buy the disc again but I don't even have a player anymore in my new computer to re-rip it...)

help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I think you should be opening the VIDEO_TS.IFO file inside the folder....not the folder itself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by curiousjosh View Post
    either the video stops early on, or it starts, then plays a random clip from later in the movie, then it goes back and continues.
    I haven’t seen such behavior before. What player software is this? Have you tried other players? Try resetting the software by deleting its preference files, for those instances where the GUI has no resetting options.

Originally Posted by curiousjosh
    Is this some kind of CSS?
    If you played it successfully before, then it is nothing like that. And you would know if you had meddled with the content, right (check modification dates)?

do I have to bring it to a friend's PC?
    Always a nice test to see how it behaves on another computer, not influenced by your configuration. But it won’t fix your setup, if that is where the error is.

what's the solution here?
    I would first suspect the playback software. Secondly, depending on details of the content and your wishes (forgo on menus), you could try to extract streams/convert/re-author.

Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I think you should be opening the VIDEO_TS.IFO file inside the folder....not the folder itself.
    Many Mac DVD player software wants to be pointed to a VIDEO_TS folder (for HDD playback), and then it will take it from there. This goes for the default Apple DVD Player as well as VLC and MPlayer variations.
    Quote Quote