VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using this program in years past with no problem. This year once I get to Net File stage I get that message. I did a search and the fix seems to be to copy that font from another Windows 7 computer. I tested Studio Tax on my Sister's laptop and it doesn't have this problem. I only have Avast on her laptop and my Desktop I have Nod32. There is at least one other free income tax program I can use but I have always liked this one. When I copied the Arial Font over from my Sister's computer it didn't fix the program. I also tried that European Font suggestion on the internet and that didn't work. I notice in my Sister's Font for Arial it has Arial Narrow Bold listed but now Arial Narrow Regular in it. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think what I will do is fill in the income tax forms in Studio Tax on my Desktop. Then save the files, put those on a thumb drive and then open them in Studio Tax on my Sister's laptop, hook her laptop up to the Internet via and ethernet cable and then click on Netfile and do it that way. I can fill the forms in via Studio Tax offline, and I will only have to be on the internet the brief amount of time to send them via Netfile. I very rarely hook my Sister's laptop up to the Internet and I disconnected the Android Box from the ethernet and it is powered down just in case it had something on it that aimed to intercept that data. Avast Anti-Virus when I updated it last night said my Sister's laptop was virus free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tax programs are VERY picky about fonts. The font has to have EXACTLY the same name. Does the copied font appear in, say, a word processor?

Also, what is the full error message? Regular what?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Nelson37: I used my desktop with the StudioTax program to fill in the income tax forms. Then I saved those files and opened them in StudioTax on my Sister's laptop and then clicked on Netfile. My Sister and I have already received a notice from CRA and we are just waiting on our Mom's statement. Hopefully everything went smoothly.

Ariel Narrow only has the option of bold and that is the problem. Thanks for responding to this topic.
    Quote Quote