VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sam298 View Post
    That’s good news. How about a movie that is less than 66gb in size? Will that play? UB450 can’t do that.
    I just tested, I burnt Transporter 3 which is 65GB, and playback was very smooth, no issues at all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by lxy172733823 View Post
    That’s good news. How about a movie that is less than 66gb in size? Will that play? UB450 can’t do that.
    I just tested, I burnt Transporter 3 which is 65GB, and playback was very smooth, no issues at all.
    Transporter 3 is not BD-66. It is BD-100. See here
    https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transporter-3-4K-Blu-ray/206289/

The total size should be roughly 61.5gb or less so it is written only to the first two layers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lxy172733823 View Post

The total size should be roughly 61.5gb or less so it is written only to the first two layers.
    I saw it, but the actualy size of the folders are almost 66GB, that's why the commercial disc uses BD-100. If the actual size of the folders are 2GB or 5GB less than 66GB, the the disc should be BD-66, but it's very close to 66GB, so BD-100 should be reasonable choice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought Panasonic DMR-ZR1 from Japan. it costed me $250 shipping from Japan to US. It is worth it because the picture quality is better than UB9000. For the BDXL playback, DMR-ZR1 supports BDXL playback but its audio and video always hiccups, the sound is intermittent, and picture is not consistent. Can anyone explain why this happens? thank you. The BDXL disc I used is SONY BD-RE XL 100GB.
    Are the onscreen menus all in Japanese? What about the text on the remote control?
    I assume that the actual manual will be in Japanese only?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
    I just bought Panasonic DMR-ZR1 from Japan. it costed me $250 shipping from Japan to US. It is worth it because the picture quality is better than UB9000. For the BDXL playback, DMR-ZR1 supports BDXL playback but its audio and video always hiccups, the sound is intermittent, and picture is not consistent. Can anyone explain why this happens? thank you. The BDXL disc I used is SONY BD-RE XL 100GB.
    Are the onscreen menus all in Japanese? What about the text on the remote?
    Yes, they are all in Japanese, what I do is to use Google translate to translate into English
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, they are all in Japanese, what I do is to use Google translate to translate into English
    Wow. That works- but I'm sure that can be a bit of a bear with all the features it looks like this has!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Wow. That works- but I'm sure that can be a bit of a bear with all the features it looks like this has!
    I just turn on the camera and set the detected language as Japanese and the language you want to translate. It's very simple.😃
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by lxy172733823 View Post

I saw it, but the actualy size of the folders are almost 66GB, that's why the commercial disc uses BD-100. If the actual size of the folders are 2GB or 5GB less than 66GB, the the disc should be BD-66, but it's very close to 66GB, so BD-100 should be reasonable choice.
    Well, if this player plays BD-XL when the data is written only to two layers <62gb, then this would be the only player that is available in the market that can play any BD-XL.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM

Well, if this player plays BD-XL when the data is written only to two layers <62gb, then this would be the only player that is available in the market that can play any BD-XL.
    Yes, I have tested various data capacity from yesterday till now, ranging from 51GB to 65GB, from 67GB to 94GB, DMR-ZR1 can play all of them without any issues.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello, verbatim records 100gb have to be from Japan, they can't be from Europe? and they can also be bd re or only bd r?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    From the Export Only / shipping to the voltage converter requirement to the cost to the constant need for translation -- this is way more than I'd care to have to deal with. I'm very content with my Oppo BR decks. Longer term, ALL disc formats are or will be in decline. (The end of Netflix disc rentals, nothing in the marketplace to fill that void.) And burning the successful high capacity disks is a pain, although I think that part would be within reach with the gear I have on hand.

There is almost nothing I really want to see that can't be found as a video file -- even up to 2160P -- with some diligent and experienced searching online. So I think I will leave this to the high-end domestic market in Japan, and a few maximalist devotees here.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Brazyl21 View Post
    Hello, verbatim records 100gb have to be from Japan, they can't be from Europe? and they can also be bd re or only bd r?
    I compared the price of Verbatim BD-R 100GB, buying from Amazon is more expensive than buying from Japan including shipping cost, that's the reason why I bought from Japan, the reason why Blu-ray disc is cheaper in Japan is probably because Blu-ray disc is more popular in Japan than in the US.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bon Javi View Post
    Hello.

Write to see if anyone has been able to verify the following:

When I bought my DP-UB450 a few months ago, I did not connect it to the Internet under any circumstances to prevent any updates. This fact is due to the fear that a new update will spoil the reading of BDXL Discs.

I just checked that this year 2023 they released a new update. The version is 1.21. Has anyone been able to verify if with this version there are no changes when playing BDXL Disc?

All the best.
    Did you search to find out what the update is updating? Maybe the update is just some non-important stuff that you don't need. If you are happy with everything the player is doing- why risk an update that only adds some superfluous stuff you don't need, and possibly breaks things you DO need? It reminds me of a rule of thumb that people in the Plex community have always said- don't update unless absolutely necessary.

Hello.

My current version (I don't remember which one it is now), when you pause a movie and resume it after 5 minutes, it makes a strange jump, losing a few seconds of playback.

Not that it's too alarming. But if it could be solved, even better. Although obviously not at any cost.

Greetings

Hello.

A new version has been released. Version v1.22 (Dec 13, 2023 Ver 1.22 Stability of system). Has anyone tested if this or v1.21 solved this problem, after 5 minutes paused, when you continue playing it seems to jump for a few seconds?
    As well as confirm if it does not affect the playback of BDXL Discs at all.

All the best.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

When I bought my DP-UB450 a few months ago, I did not connect it to the Internet under any circumstances to prevent any updates. This fact is due to the fear that a new update will spoil the reading of BDXL Discs.

I just checked that this year 2023 they released a new update. The version is 1.21. Has anyone been able to verify if with this version there are no changes when playing BDXL Disc?

All the best.
    Did you search to find out what the update is updating? Maybe the update is just some non-important stuff that you don't need. If you are happy with everything the player is doing- why risk an update that only adds some superfluous stuff you don't need, and possibly breaks things you DO need? It reminds me of a rule of thumb that people in the Plex community have always said- don't update unless absolutely necessary.

Hello.

My current version (I don't remember which one it is now), when you pause a movie and resume it after 5 minutes, it makes a strange jump, losing a few seconds of playback.

Not that it's too alarming. But if it could be solved, even better. Although obviously not at any cost.

Greetings

Hello.

A new version has been released. Version v1.22 (Dec 13, 2023 Ver 1.22 Stability of system). Has anyone tested if this or v1.21 solved this problem, after 5 minutes paused, when you continue playing it seems to jump for a few seconds?

All the best.
    Buy a DMR-ZR1, all issues will be resolved
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

All the best.

Hello.

Greetings

Hello.

All the best.
    Buy a DMR-ZR1, all issues will be resolved

???

I don't think that was the point.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Ok DMR-ZR1 support bdmv on bd xl 100gb and 50gb dl?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Bon Javi View Post
    Hello.

All the best.

Hello.

Greetings

Hello.

All the best.
    I bit the bullet and updated to v1.22. No issues playing BD-100. Tested Dolby vision, chapter jump etc.
    BD-66 stuck after few seconds as before. BD-50, BD-25 and mkvs play as usual.
    Disc reading speed seems to be improved. Not sure what they fixed in this release.
    Haven't paused during optical disc playback for that long. I will give it a try. But best option is to stop and resume play after 5 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Though DMR-ZR1 can play all discs, $2500 is too much for a player. I don't think my other home theater gear (projector, receiver, speakers etc.) is capable of fully utilizing the quality of this player.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hello.

All the best.

Hello.

Greetings

Hello.

All the best.
    I bit the bullet and updated to v1.22. No issues playing BD-100. Tested Dolby vision, chapter jump etc.
    BD-66 stuck after few seconds as before. BD-50, BD-25 and mkvs play as usual.
    Disc reading speed seems to be improved. Not sure what they fixed in this release.
    Haven't paused during optical disc playback for that long. I will give it a try. But best option is to stop and resume play after 5 minutes.

Hello.

What exactly are you calling "BD-66 stuck after a few seconds like before"?

You leave me here completely wide-eyed...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Ok DMR-ZR1 support bdmv on bd xl 100gb and 50gb dl?
    Yes, It supports all bdxl formats, I have this machine, so I know it
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM

Hello, Tell me, how much does the DMR-ZR1 cost? Because the UB450 cost me €200 and the Backup unit for the rest of my days, €170.

Bye
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM

Hello, Tell me, how much does the DMR-ZR1 cost? Because the UB450 cost me €200 and the Backup unit for the rest of my days, €170.

Bye
    DMR-ZR1 only sells in Japan market, in another word it is the product only for Japan. You can buy it from Japan and ship to your home. It costs me around $2500 including shipping cost to US.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM

Bye
    Believe me, DRM-ZR1 has the best picture quality over all other blu-ray players. Read this link (but use the translation because it is in Japanese) https://online.stereosound.co.jp/_ct/17503241
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Bon Javi View Post

Hello.

BDXL discs have 3 layers with 33gb size in each layer
    If movie has size less than 66gb, or only written to first two layers, ub450 can’t play. I call this BD-66
    If the movie size is > 66gb, it can play. Scroll few pages before in this thread for more details.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM

Hello.

BDXL discs have 3 layers with 33gb size in each layer
    If movie has size less than 66gb, or only written to first two layers, ub450 can’t play. I call this BD-66
    If the movie size is > 66gb, it can play. Scroll few pages before in this thread for more details.

Ahhh it's okay. It's right. It had scared me. I didn't understand what that was.
    We completely solved this problem by inserting a file until we reached the necessary 66GB.

Happy Holidays to all!

All the best.
    Quote Quote