VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. UBP-X700 firmware version M43.R.0175

No longer use this player in my setup as I now have a Panasonic DMP-UB900 that plays all my BDXL discs with burns of my UHD Blu-rays, both below and above 66GB.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I have tried with Black Panther now, converted to ISO with DVDFab, recorded with imgburn, gave no errors at the verification process, the X700 gave the same error message, dirty disk or session not cosed, i´m guessing this X700 is not BD XL friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The sony is bdxl friendly.
    Have you burned regular bluray discs to verbatim media with the same imgburn settings and played these back on the sony?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I'm noob, i just burning files to BD. Using now Imgburn too. But find it much more complicated than Burnaware free. Since I discovered it is somehow related to some Polish site, so i switched to Imgburn, but burnaware free is much easier to use.
    Are you sure, that your iso you are burning to disc is really finalized? Probably iso is finalised automatically. As i said, iam noob. But this software is really complicated but clean when without opencandy.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    The sony is bdxl friendly.
    Have you burned regular bluray discs to verbatim media with the same imgburn settings and played these back on the sony?
    I´m familiar with imgburn, it is my regular burning software.

Recently i burned The Walk 3D on BD RE and Martian 3D on BD R and they played perfectly on the Sony, so far it has read everything that i tried, except these Verbatim BD XL.

Perhaps you could share some screenshot of the imgburn Settings, the page 1 and 2 on the Write option.

I can only think, since i bought it recently and came with the most recent firmware, that Sony might have changed the optical unit recently or somehow they have removed the feature via firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Checking how you burned your first disks with your Samsung burner, only thing i can find is that you burned them at x2, while i did at x4, but that should have nothing to do, since i burned all other disks at x4 and have no trouble.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    So it seems the disks are the issue.

I burned a BD50 on this VERBAT-IMk-000 100gb BD XL, and it does not work at all, same error.

It won´t play on my Samsung K8500.

So guys, can you share the exact media code of the BD XL you are succesfully burning and playing?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    hello in my case I used bluray of tdk the burner is an LG 2x write speed, also I used dvafab last version that burned with IMG burn, directly, I did not create an image file. The sony player has the latest firmware, in fact if I try to update it yet it tells me that there is already the latest version.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Does the samsung play bdxl discs?
    As far as I know only the ubp-x700 and dmp-ub900 will play bdxl.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Does the samsung play bdxl discs?
    As far as I know only the ubp-x700 and dmp-ub900 will play bdxl.
    It does not, but since it was a BD50 i had to try.

Neither the X700 nor the Samsung K8500 played the disc.

Can you share the media code/MID you are using?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm using the same verbatim discs, VERBAT-IMk-000

Not sure what you were trying to prove by burning a bd50 to a bdxl and trying to play it back on the Samsung if the Samsung can't read bdxl discs anyway.

Do you have the hardware spec and software on your PC that will playback 4k discs? e.g. Cyberlink PowerDVD

Where do you get your discs from?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I'm using the same verbatim discs, VERBAT-IMk-000

Not sure what you were trying to prove by burning a bd50 to a bdxl and trying to play it back on the Samsung if the Samsung can't read bdxl discs anyway.

Do you have the hardware spec and software on your PC that will playback 4k discs? e.g. Cyberlink PowerDVD
    Was not trying to prove anything, but since i have 2 bd players, why not trying both of them.

I do have Cyberlink PowerDVD and it plays the recorded disks just fine.

I have ordered another X700 that i will receive tomorrow, will try these burned disks on it, if they don´t play it is clear an issue with the disks or how i´m burning them.

And finally i will try to burn them at 2x.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Cesarleeds,
    try to use tdk disks, I burned Rampage on 100gb disk and I used only the first two layers, dvdfab set to 66gb the film was about 60gb, it is perfectly visible on the sony x700. good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Guys been following the thread because i am taking the next steps to backup my UHD collection but been put off with all the confusion. I understand that the 2 Layer 66GB method works but most blu rays are above that size if ripped 1.1 flawless.

Hence is there a possibility to spilt UHD iso backup so you can burn on 2 50gb discs i.e. "intermission moment to insert the 2nd disc".

If this is possible it will make things much easier, especially as 100gb disc have to be ordered from Japan as 50gb disc are fairy easy to buy; well easier to buy here in the UK.

PS Thanks to the guys and girls that shared their trial and errors and finding a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by sss555 View Post
    Hey Guys been following the thread because i am taking the next steps to backup my UHD collection but been put off with all the confusion. I understand that the 2 Layer 66GB method works but most blu rays are above that size if ripped 1.1 flawless.

Hence is there a possibility to spilt UHD iso backup so you can burn on 2 50gb discs i.e. "intermission moment to insert the 2nd disc".

If this is possible it will make things much easier, especially as 100gb disc have to be ordered from Japan as 50gb disc are fairy easy to buy; well easier to buy here in the UK.

PS Thanks to the guys and girls that shared their trial and errors and finding a solution.
    Not aware of any commercial software that will split a backup across multiple discs for playback on a standalone player.

DVDFab can compress any UHD backup down to 66gb to burn to just 2 layers of a BDXL disc.

Also bear in mind that even if you could split a UHD backup across 2 bd50 discs that the bit rates of the UHD may be too high for smooth playback of the burned bd50's
    Last edited by Oakeyt; 30th Aug 2018 at 17:55.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    So, here´s the thing.

I received another X700 today...same firmware version, being the latest one, nothing different from the previous X700 i bought, only the serial number.

Tryed all 3 BD XL i burned already (Dead Men Tell No Tales, Black Panther and Avengers), and although the player seemed to experience some difficulties for some eternal seconds...it end up playing the 3 of them.

I will try them tomorrow on the 1st X700 i bought, and if they still don´t play, i´ll return it, if somehow they do, which i don´t expect, it will stay on the bedroom.

I believe there must be some differences on the optical unit of these 2 players, probably manufactured in different places, who knows.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Cesarleeds,
    I'm sorry I did not understand, you said that it works the discs you burned you see it, if so I'm happy for you.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    I finished now to burn Avengers it's perfectly, used 100gb disk, of which only used the first two layers set dvdfab 66gb mastered with Imgburn 4x burn speed. I had to insert the DVD several times into the player because he did not want to read it right away, then it went, everything was OK. I attach photos.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Anybody tried bdxl in ub820 yet?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    hey everyone

so have we got 100 percent confirmation the Panasonic UB900 will play both dual layer and triple layer bdxl disc without any freezing or skipping.

i have confirmed that none of the new panasonic machines including the upcoming ub9000 will playback bdxl.

pioneer new machine the lx500 looks like it will playback the disc but the cost of the machine here in aus is 2k and thats a lot.

i am currently hunting around for the Panasonic UB900 now.

cheers

KADU
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I have been able to locate a ub900 but would like to know if burning a triple layer movie to a bdxl disc is different to a dual layer so i can test the machine out.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    I have been able to locate a ub900 but would like to know if burning a triple layer movie to a bdxl disc is different to a dual layer so i can test the machine out.
    Not in my experience of burning to bdxl-r using Imgburn. Use exactly the same settings
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    hey everyone

so have we got 100 percent confirmation the Panasonic UB900 will play both dual layer and triple layer bdxl disc without any freezing or skipping.

i have confirmed that none of the new panasonic machines including the upcoming ub9000 will playback bdxl.

pioneer new machine the lx500 looks like it will playback the disc but the cost of the machine here in aus is 2k and thats a lot.

i am currently hunting around for the Panasonic UB900 now.

cheers

KADU
    Haven't experienced any freezing or skipping on the ub900 playing burned bdxl discs.

Would be good to know where you got confirmation that none of the new Panasonic models will playback bdxl discs. Not even the ub900 or the Sony ubp-x700 claim to play these discs, but it's been proved that they both do, albeit the Sony will only playback those discs burned to 2 layers only.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    new pioneer machine.

Hi David,

The Pioneer UDP-LX500 should be available in November this year. It will be available from Pioneer LX Authorise stockists only. The RRP is estimated to be $1999.00

Unfortunately it will not read BDXL discs.

Regards,

Shelden
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    I think a lot of manufactures don't want the general public to know their machines will in fact play bdxl discs
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    UBP-X700 firmware version M43.R.0175

No longer use this player in my setup as I now have a Panasonic DMP-UB900 that plays all my BDXL discs with burns of my UHD Blu-rays, both below and above 66GB.
    Hi Oakeyt,

May I ask you how many BDXL you successfully burnt and watched at your Panasonic DMP-UB900? Did you have any problems with playback of triple layer BDXL discs? Di you ever have problems with layer break?
    As I understood, you are using ImgBurn for burning BDXL. Is there any special settings /tweaks you use for further successful playback at DMP-UB900?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by rom1978 View Post
    UBP-X700 firmware version M43.R.0175

Hi Oakeyt,

May I ask you how many BDXL you successfully burnt and watched at your Panasonic DMP-UB900? Did you have any problems with playback of triple layer BDXL discs? Di you ever have problems with layer break?
    As I understood, you are using ImgBurn for burning BDXL. Is there any special settings /tweaks you use for further successful playback at DMP-UB900?
    About 20-25. A few of these are triple layer, e.g. batman v superman: dawn of justice.

Never had any problems with playback.

No changes to Imgburn settings.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Oakeyt

Thanks for your reply.

what brand of BDXL discs you use for burning?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by rom1978 View Post
    Oakeyt

Thanks for your reply.

what brand of BDXL discs you use for burning?
    Always use verbatim. Only a couple of coasters so far, one due to my mistake and another due to a device error while burning.
    Quote Quote  
  30. According to the specifications the new pioneer Udp-Lx500 doesn´t read bdxl either.

UHD-BD (BDMV), BD-ROM (BDMV, BDAV), BD-R / RE (BDMV, BDAV),

BD-R DL / RE DL (BDMV, BDAV), BD-R LTH (BDMV, BDAV)
    Quote Quote