VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey

You mention Oppo 203(mine is Jaibreaked). does this allow perfect playback of BDXL disc with no problem at all including 66gb & 100gb please

how do you jailbreak the oppo 203 and does it cost anything or can cause the machine to not work if done properly

cheers

Kadu
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Hey

You mention Oppo 203(mine is Jaibreaked). does this allow perfect playback of BDXL disc with no problem at all including 66gb & 100gb please

how do you jailbreak the oppo 203 and does it cost anything or can cause the machine to not work if done properly

cheers

Kadu
    Where are we in being able to play BD-XL discs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Verbatim's white inkjet printable BDXL worked in the Panasonic DP-UB150-K. Player firmware version is 1.04. PS5 and Series X unable to recognize the disc. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blahzay69 View Post
    Verbatim's white inkjet printable BDXL worked in the Panasonic DP-UB150-K. Player firmware version is 1.04. PS5 and Series X unable to recognize the disc. Thanks.
    according to this - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-problem-reading-disc/
    the playstation 5 does not play burned discs or audio CDs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Verbatim's white inkjet printable BDXL worked in the Panasonic DP-UB150-K. Player firmware version is 1.04. PS5 and Series X unable to recognize the disc. Thanks.
    Mine is UB450 with ver. 1.15. does not read any BDXL.
    its supposed to be the same unit with only DV. it even uses the same firmware. maybe there's a way to downgrade and check.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Per 1971

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Last edited by Bouchnouk; 26th Jun 2021 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Last edited by Bouchnouk; 26th Jun 2021 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Hey Per 1971

cheers
    My Oppo 203 reads BDXL beyond the 66GB mark, but only under these conditions: Verbatim M-DISC in Jawl case only (5 Pack or singles) no cake packs or non M-Disc, burning at x2 (No x4 or 2.4) with IMGBurn only. no need to jailbreak the Oppo 203 for this. works the same after jailbreak or without it.
    Works 90% of the times and only if the disc is burned to all 3 layers (70-80GB). movies that was on 2 layers only was freez at the layer break and i had to skip a chapter.
    My UB450 (which i bopught recently) didn't read any of my BDXL's and if someone can provide a solution to downgrade the firmware from 1.15 to 1.09 it will be helpfull.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by bouchnouk View Post
    verbatim's white inkjet printable bdxl worked in the panasonic dp-ub150-k. Player firmware version is 1.04. Ps5 and series x unable to recognize the disc. Thanks.
    i forgot. What was the size of the disc?
    77 gb
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Last edited by Bouchnouk; 26th Jun 2021 at 18:26.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  13. I thought adding custom firmware to make certain BD-ROM drives UHD Friendly only allowed the ripping of UHD discs?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Yes i got UHD friendly Drive LG WH16NS40. The UB450 thing is very frustrating as it should be the same as the UB150 that reported working with BDXL.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    Yes i got UHD friendly Drive LG WH16NS40. The UB450 thing is very frustrating as it should be the same as the UB150 that reported working with BDXL.
    to downgrade the firmware, see here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-copy-ripper/364290-uhd-drive-tool-v2-supports-ahci-i...usb-connection

the product - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-drive-tool.htm
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    The firmware problem is in the player (UB450). Not with the PC drive.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Hey Per 1971

cheers
    Hey !
    Sorry about the delay.
    I´ve tried mine on 1,2 and 3 layers BDXL discs(only Verbatim) and they work fine.
    It might do a hiccup bteween layers, but mostly not.
    BUT it might take up to 60 seconds to load the disc.
    It can also say "Unknown Disc", but eject and try again and again...
    My worst case was ejected 3 times before playing !
    The JB itself can be dowloaded at another forum( will send you a PM with the link).
    Its done with a USB stick, very easy, and works great !
    //Per
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have a ub9000, so would there be any way to get the Japanese firmware to play bdxl discs?
    Also is there any way to get a blank type of disc that UHD Blu-Ray uses to avoid this whole mess lol
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    A Little update
    All my previous BDXL Burnings were using LG WH16NS40 Burner connected to SATA on motherboards. since i have experienced some cases of layer break freezes on BD-50 as well (weird i know) i have investigated a little. i got an older BD Burner (Pioneer) connected to USB that doesn't support BDXL but burn my BD-50's perfectly. i have bought a third burner, the ASUS 16D1HT which i herd is a very good BDXL burner. i have connected it throgh USB (Externaly) and not SATA (Internaly) and i burnes 2 BDXL discs at x2 speed. those disc played perfectly from begining to end through my Oppo 203 and for the first time EVER were played with my new Panasonic UB-450, That have never played any of my BDXL burning before.
    I really don't know why it's working better through USB but it did, so i wanted to share
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    A Little update
    All my previous BDXL Burnings were using LG WH16NS40 Burner connected to SATA on motherboards. since i have experienced some cases of layer break freezes on BD-50 as well (weird i know) i have investigated a little. i got an older BD Burner (Pioneer) connected to USB that doesn't support BDXL but burn my BD-50's perfectly. i have bought a third burner, the ASUS 16D1HT which i herd is a very good BDXL burner. i have connected it throgh USB (Externaly) and not SATA (Internaly) and i burnes 2 BDXL discs at x2 speed. those disc played perfectly from begining to end through my Oppo 203 and for the first time EVER were played with my new Panasonic UB-450, That have never played any of my BDXL burning before.
    I really don't know why it's working better through USB but it did, so i wanted to share
    Were the BDXL discs that didn't work burned at the same 2x speed? I experienced disc recognition issues with the UB-150 with a disc burned at 4x
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Yes all of them always burned at x2. my first 2 ever were at 4x, i didn't know better. the slower the burning speed, the lower read problems. but x2 from usb connected burner was perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by DylanValenti View Post
    I have a ub9000, so would there be any way to get the Japanese firmware to play bdxl discs?
    Also is there any way to get a blank type of disc that UHD Blu-Ray uses to avoid this whole mess lol

I am seriously doubt that it is possible to install the firmware of a Japanese device on a player of another region. The Japanese firmware does not even have the ability to change the language, all menus and submenus are only in Japanese.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    A Little update
    Was it actually BDXL and were the files burnt more than 66 Gb (2 layers)?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rom1978 View Post
    Off course it was BDXL. 2 discs filled with more than 80GB each, played from begining to end with no glitch inc. Bonus features.
    By the way, i don't think there is actually a 66gb limitation on any player. first of all the layer freez accure at the first layer transition to the second, so it's the 33GB mark and not 66GB. my oppo 203 never had problem swiching from second to third layer (from 66gb to 99gb) only the second layer had freezes.
    when burning at x2 from USB connected burner, no freez on any layer, and as i said, the discs working on my panasonic UB450 as well and its the first time i managed to play BDXL on this player.
    on both players i can get "Disc not recognized" kind of error when inserting a disc, but second and third try and it plays. and when it start playing its playing perfectly.
    Last edited by rick090; 11th Feb 2021 at 04:55.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    Off course it was BDXL. 2 discs filled with more than 80GB each, played from begining to end with no glitch inc. Bonus features.
    By the way, i don't think there is actually a 66gb limitation on any player. first of all the layer freez accure at the first layer transition to the second, so it's the 33GB mark and not 66GB. my oppo 203 never had problem swiching from second to third layer (from 66gb to 99gb) only the second layer had freezes.
    when burning at x2 from USB connected burner, no freez on any layer, and as i said, the discs working on my panasonic UB450 as well and its the first time i managed to play BDXL on this player.
    Ok. Will try to burn at x2 speed and then to play at Oppo 203.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Ok. Will try to burn at x2 speed and then to play at Oppo 203.
    But connect the burner to USB port. that is the magic trick for me
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, to recap :

Pana UB450 can read BDXL 3x layer with a burner ASUS 16D1HT connected in USB ?
    Quote Quote