VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. As far as I know only LG officially stated support of 100 GB discs for UBK80 and 90 models , here is the spec:

Profile & Playable Disc
    BD profile version 6.0/5.0/2.0/1.1
    USB playback Yes
    External HDD playback (via USB) Yes
    UBD-ROM/UBD-R/UBD-RE Yes
    BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE Yes
    DVD-ROM/DVD±R/DVD±RW Yes
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rom1978 View Post
    As far as I know only LG officially stated support of 100 GB discs for UBK80 and 90 models , here is the spec:

Profile & Playable Disc
    BD profile version 6.0/5.0/2.0/1.1
    USB playback Yes
    External HDD playback (via USB) Yes
    UBD-ROM/UBD-R/UBD-RE Yes
    BD-ROM/BD-R/BD-RE Yes
    DVD-ROM/DVD±R/DVD±RW Yes

That means the UBK90 can read BDXL???
    Quote Quote  
  3. UBD-ROM/UBD-R/UBD-RE - do those exist?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can confirm that BDXL 100gb doesn’t work on ubk90
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    I can confirm that BDXL 100gb doesn’t work on ubk90

ok thks
    Quote Quote  
  6. BDXL 100GB doesn't work on ub820
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ubk90 plays bdxl 66gb (burned to 2 layers only). Works with verbatim burned at x2 speed
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    Ubk90 plays bdxl 66gb (burned to 2 layers only). Works with verbatim burned at x2 speed
    So that is one more player, good to know.

Have you tried burning 3 layers?, there are some Sony BD RE 100gb on ebay for 12 euros.

Tried one but my X700 won't read it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah i tried Verbatim burned 3 layers at x2 speed — it won’t read it, only 2 layers works
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Guys if you can find them get your hands on the Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DMP-UB900GNK it will play everything dual layer and triple.

only downside at the moment I have found is that the Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DMP-UB900GNK doesn't have dolby vision but I think it will come soon when Panasonic release the 9000 series.

KADU
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I think i made a rookie mistake with the Sony X700, i recorded a few BD XL, and since the Sony played them...but i never actually watched a whole movie on a BD XL until yesterday, only to find out that once the Sony reaches the 2nd layer the movie stops and jumps to the main menu.

Tried some other discs, including original ones, and the pattern is there, with a BD XL once it reaches the 2nd layer, bye bye.

So while it actually read these kind of discs giving you some initial happines...it does not play them properly, at least mine.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by cesarleeds View Post
    I think i made a rookie mistake with the Sony X700, i recorded a few BD XL, and since the Sony played them...but i never actually watched a whole movie on a BD XL until yesterday, only to find out that once the Sony reaches the 2nd layer the movie stops and jumps to the main menu.

Tried some other discs, including original ones, and the pattern is there, with a BD XL once it reaches the 2nd layer, bye bye.

So while it actually read these kind of discs giving you some initial happines...it does not play them properly, at least mine.
    I confirm the same, when arriving at the second layer of the BDXL the Sony stops the reproduction. Does the same thing happen with the LG???
    Quote Quote  
  13. Got my Panasonic DMP-UB900 yesterday. Can verify that it reads and plays my Verbatim BDXL discs without issues.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    Originally Posted by cesarleeds View Post

I confirm the same, when arriving at the second layer of the BDXL the Sony stops the reproduction. Does the same thing happen with the LG???
    No, my UBK90 wouldn’t read the disc at all if burned all 3 layers, but 2 layers reads no problem
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    Originally Posted by cesarleeds View Post

No, my UBK90 wouldn’t read the disc at all if burned all 3 layers, but 2 layers reads no problem
    But have you tried to watch the whole movie? In the Sony X-700 when you get to the second layer of the bdxl the movie stops and returns to the beginning.
    Today we still don´t have any player that can read the bdxl, only Panasonic UB900, the new Pioneer either?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Don't burn It with imgburn, use the dvdfab burner, x2 Speed, its perfeckt, and the disk don't stop It.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Hell71 View Post
    Don't burn It with imgburn, use the dvdfab burner, x2 Speed, its perfeckt, and the disk don't stop It.
    I used imgburn and toast titanium obtaining the same result.

Can you explain how you record a bdxl with dvdfab?? In mode clone/burn just let it make an iso and don´t let it record. In mode full disc if you selected bd100 doesn´t leave either.You have to select bd66 but the process lasts only about 5 minutes and generates an irreproducible disk.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, you must use the dvdfab programm to burn the disc, use the setting 66gb, you must use Only the First and second layer from the disc. Films they are over 66 GB you can't see in the standalone player, they not do It.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Here you can see.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. BDXL recorded with dvdfab burner, x2 speed and the result is the same in the Sony as in the Oppo, when reaching the second layer the disc goes to jumps and returns to the beginning. It certainly doesn´t work for me.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I have a sony x700 and i see the film perfektly.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by Hell71 View Post
    I have a sony x700 and i see the film perfektly.
    Surely they will work for you. I think that depending on the model and the optics some players work in one way and others in another with the bdxl.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    It's possibile.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    Yeah i tried Verbatim burned 3 layers at x2 speed — it won’t read it, only 2 layers works
    I've burned a verbatim in two layers and the LG UBK90 has stopped halfway through playback.

it does not work
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by palestina View Post
    Yeah i tried Verbatim burned 3 layers at x2 speed — it won’t read it, only 2 layers works
    I've burned a verbatim in two layers and the LG UBK90 has stopped halfway through playback.

it does not work
    Did you burn it at x2 speed ? Mine didn’t work either until i tried burning at x2 instead of x4
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    Originally Posted by palestina View Post

it does not work
    Did you burn it at x2 speed ? Mine didn’t work either until i tried burning at x2 instead of x4
    Yes. Burned at x2 with imgburn. The original BR was 62 GB
    Quote Quote  
  27. does it matter if you use a 'UHD friendly' drive like (wh60ns40 svc code ns50) to burn BDXL, or or do all drives burn BDXL same way?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    does it matter if you use a 'UHD friendly' drive like (wh60ns40 svc code ns50) to burn BDXL, or or do all drives burn BDXL same way?
    That has nothing to do, I have now a buffalo and the result is the same as recorded with a lg

Today my LG-UBK90 has arrived and I also confirm that the bdxl doesn´t work, some read them but when they reach the second layer stopped.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I just compress to BD50 and burn, that works flawlessly on ubk90.
    Do Oppo’s play DV from ISOs as well as from discs?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by kulkoff View Post
    I just compress to BD50 and burn, that works flawlessly on ubk90.
    Do Oppo’s play DV from ISOs as well as from discs?
    BD50 reproduces perfectly. The problem is in BDXL recorded in two layers
    Quote Quote