VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. What discs are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    this is what i got from my burn anyone help. please

dave
    Looks like you have a failed burn, or at least one or more sectors did not write properly or imperfections in the disc made it impossible to write to that sector. If this popped up during verification (not during the burn) then most of the disc is probably still readable but it has errors. Best this to do is to try and burn again with a new disc. If you keep getting errors you might consider blowing compressed air in your open drive to try and get any dust off the laser.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    Does somebody has tried to read BD-R XL video with the new Panasonic DP-UB820 (Europe name) ? This reader is new dynamic HDR "standards" most "open" : HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and I believe a future "Technicolor" spec...
    But today, nobody has been able to confirm for me that DP-UB820 could read correctly video BD-R XL burned with imgburn like its old brother Panasonic DMP-UB900 do (I own one, but no hope it will one day support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for hardware carence reason)...

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Panasonic DP-UB820 canīt read BDXL, today only the Panasonic UB900 can do, it although sometimes to me some bdxl have problems like some small cut.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    Does somebody has tried to read BD-R XL video with the new Panasonic DP-UB820 (Europe name) ? This reader is new dynamic HDR "standards" most "open" : HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and I believe a future "Technicolor" spec...
    But today, nobody has been able to confirm for me that DP-UB820 could read correctly video BD-R XL burned with imgburn like its old brother Panasonic DMP-UB900 do (I own one, but no hope it will one day support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for hardware carence reason)...

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Panasonic DP-UB820 canīt read BDXL, today only the Panasonic UB900 can do, it although sometimes to me some bdxl have problems like some small cut.

Regards.
    Sure ? Is it a report or result of your own experience ? If real, it's a very bad news ! With Panasonic, I need 2 players : one for BD-R XL reading (UB900) and one for DV, HDR10+ aso reading (UB820)... I don't understand why "downgrading" a capacity like this ! Unless it is the reader himself who can not read BR 3 layers while that of the UB900 could ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jangai View Post

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Regards.
    Sure ? Is it a report or result of your own experience ? If real, it's a very bad news ! With Panasonic, I need 2 players : one for BD-R XL reading (UB900) and one for DV, HDR10+ aso reading (UB820)... I don't understand why "downgrading" a capacity like this ! Unless it is the reader himself who can not read BR 3 layers while that of the UB900 could ...
    Not my own experience. In Mundodvd a spanish forum people who have it have reported that they donīt work.

what software and settings do you use to burn the bdxl??, I use imgburn but in the 3 recordings that I have made, they are played in jumps with my Panasonic UB900

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=zizux;2523840][QUOTE=jangai;2523815]
    Thanks in advance
    Not my own experience. In Mundodvd a spanish forum people who have it have reported that they donīt work.
    what software and settings do you use to burn the bdxl??, I use imgburn but in the 3 recordings that I have made, they are played in jumps with my Panasonic UB900
    Regards.
    I use Imgburn with Windows 8 running as virtual PC on an Apple PowerMac 2013. Burner drive is an USB3 known as "Matshita" BD-MLT UJ272 1.02 and software is Imgburn 2.5.8.0 (UDF 2.5, I believe) burning TDK discs.
    More info by MP if yo ask.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gosh !
    Today i've got the firm and verified answer from Panasonic France After Sales:
    DP-UB820 does not support reading of BD-R XL !!!

So, I keep my DMP-UB900 and wait one day in the future a Blu-Ray XL player builder give us a good dynamic HDR player (Dolby Vision and others) which could ALSO read ALL BD-R standards so BD-R XL...

Whoever has better information on this topic will be welcome on this thread ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.

I purchased the Sony UBP-X700 a few months ago only to find out that the player would not read a BDXL disc I'd written to. I contacted Sony customer support who said that the player did not support these discs. A few weeks later I saw on another forum that someone had written to just the first 2 layers of a BDXL-R disc and successfully played that back on the Sony. I then tried this myself and can confirm that the Sony will play back BDXL-R discs providing that you only write to the first 2 layers.

I suggest that we wait for an owner of the DP-UB820 to confirm whether playing a BDXL-R disc works on that player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.
    I suggest that we wait for an owner of the DP-UB820 to confirm whether playing a BDXL-R disc works on that player.
    Yes, you are right: it is not impossible that the answer that was given to me by Panasonic comes from a simple reading of a spec sheet ... But the specifications of the UB900 do not quote the BD-R XL and yet, he recognizes them! Maybe Panasonic UB9000 as worthy successor of the UB900 at the top of the range will like him to recognize and read the BD-R XL which are still from the specifications of the "Blu-Ray Association" ? To be continued...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.
    Yes, you are right: it is not impossible that the answer that was given to me by Panasonic comes from a simple reading of a spec sheet ... But the specifications of the UB900 do not quote the BD-R XL and yet, he recognizes them! Maybe Panasonic UB9000 as worthy successor of the UB900 at the top of the range will like him to recognize and read the BD-R XL which are still from the specifications of the "Blu-Ray Association" ? To be continued...
    Panasonic UB9000 or the new Pioneer are the hope...
    Quote Quote