FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. What discs are you using?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    this is what i got from my burn anyone help. please

dave
    Looks like you have a failed burn, or at least one or more sectors did not write properly or imperfections in the disc made it impossible to write to that sector. If this popped up during verification (not during the burn) then most of the disc is probably still readable but it has errors. Best this to do is to try and burn again with a new disc. If you keep getting errors you might consider blowing compressed air in your open drive to try and get any dust off the laser.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    Does somebody has tried to read BD-R XL video with the new Panasonic DP-UB820 (Europe name) ? This reader is new dynamic HDR "standards" most "open" : HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and I believe a future "Technicolor" spec...
    But today, nobody has been able to confirm for me that DP-UB820 could read correctly video BD-R XL burned with imgburn like its old brother Panasonic DMP-UB900 do (I own one, but no hope it will one day support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for hardware carence reason)...

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Panasonic DP-UB820 canīt read BDXL, today only the Panasonic UB900 can do, it although sometimes to me some bdxl have problems like some small cut.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    Does somebody has tried to read BD-R XL video with the new Panasonic DP-UB820 (Europe name) ? This reader is new dynamic HDR "standards" most "open" : HDR10, HLG, HDR10+, Dolby Vision and I believe a future "Technicolor" spec...
    But today, nobody has been able to confirm for me that DP-UB820 could read correctly video BD-R XL burned with imgburn like its old brother Panasonic DMP-UB900 do (I own one, but no hope it will one day support HDR10+ and Dolby Vision for hardware carence reason)...

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Panasonic DP-UB820 canīt read BDXL, today only the Panasonic UB900 can do, it although sometimes to me some bdxl have problems like some small cut.

Regards.
    Sure ? Is it a report or result of your own experience ? If real, it's a very bad news ! With Panasonic, I need 2 players : one for BD-R XL reading (UB900) and one for DV, HDR10+ aso reading (UB820)... I don't understand why "downgrading" a capacity like this ! Unless it is the reader himself who can not read BR 3 layers while that of the UB900 could ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jangai View Post

Thanks in advance
    Hi.

Regards.
    Sure ? Is it a report or result of your own experience ? If real, it's a very bad news ! With Panasonic, I need 2 players : one for BD-R XL reading (UB900) and one for DV, HDR10+ aso reading (UB820)... I don't understand why "downgrading" a capacity like this ! Unless it is the reader himself who can not read BR 3 layers while that of the UB900 could ...
    Not my own experience. In Mundodvd a spanish forum people who have it have reported that they donīt work.

what software and settings do you use to burn the bdxl??, I use imgburn but in the 3 recordings that I have made, they are played in jumps with my Panasonic UB900

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=zizux;2523840][QUOTE=jangai;2523815]
    Thanks in advance
    Not my own experience. In Mundodvd a spanish forum people who have it have reported that they donīt work.
    what software and settings do you use to burn the bdxl??, I use imgburn but in the 3 recordings that I have made, they are played in jumps with my Panasonic UB900
    Regards.
    I use Imgburn with Windows 8 running as virtual PC on an Apple PowerMac 2013. Burner drive is an USB3 known as "Matshita" BD-MLT UJ272 1.02 and software is Imgburn 2.5.8.0 (UDF 2.5, I believe) burning TDK discs.
    More info by MP if yo ask.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gosh !
    Today i've got the firm and verified answer from Panasonic France After Sales:
    DP-UB820 does not support reading of BD-R XL !!!

So, I keep my DMP-UB900 and wait one day in the future a Blu-Ray XL player builder give us a good dynamic HDR player (Dolby Vision and others) which could ALSO read ALL BD-R standards so BD-R XL...

Whoever has better information on this topic will be welcome on this thread ...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.

I purchased the Sony UBP-X700 a few months ago only to find out that the player would not read a BDXL disc I'd written to. I contacted Sony customer support who said that the player did not support these discs. A few weeks later I saw on another forum that someone had written to just the first 2 layers of a BDXL-R disc and successfully played that back on the Sony. I then tried this myself and can confirm that the Sony will play back BDXL-R discs providing that you only write to the first 2 layers.

I suggest that we wait for an owner of the DP-UB820 to confirm whether playing a BDXL-R disc works on that player.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.
    I suggest that we wait for an owner of the DP-UB820 to confirm whether playing a BDXL-R disc works on that player.
    Yes, you are right: it is not impossible that the answer that was given to me by Panasonic comes from a simple reading of a spec sheet ... But the specifications of the UB900 do not quote the BD-R XL and yet, he recognizes them! Maybe Panasonic UB9000 as worthy successor of the UB900 at the top of the range will like him to recognize and read the BD-R XL which are still from the specifications of the "Blu-Ray Association" ? To be continued...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jangai View Post
    I wouldn't take that as being a definitive answer.
    Yes, you are right: it is not impossible that the answer that was given to me by Panasonic comes from a simple reading of a spec sheet ... But the specifications of the UB900 do not quote the BD-R XL and yet, he recognizes them! Maybe Panasonic UB9000 as worthy successor of the UB900 at the top of the range will like him to recognize and read the BD-R XL which are still from the specifications of the "Blu-Ray Association" ? To be continued...
    Panasonic UB9000 or the new Pioneer are the hope...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    we have 3 new panasonic 4k bluray players launching shortly

Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DP-UB320
    Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DP-UB420
    Ultra HD Blu-ray Player DP-UB820

I have emailed panasonic to see if they will playback bdxl

I also found this information too

What is BDXL?
    The BDXL format supports 100 GB and 128 GB write-once discs and 100 GB rewritable discs.

BD-R 3.0 Format Specification (BDXL)
    Defined as a multi-layered recordable disc in BDAV format, with speeds of 2X and 4X. It is capable of 100/128 GB storage capacity and usage of UDF 2.5/2.6 as file system.

BD-RE 4.0 Format Specification (BDXL)
    Defined as a multi-layered rewritable disc in BDAV format, with speeds of 2X and 4X. It is capable of 100 GB storage capacity and usage of UDF 2.5 as file system.

From what I read on the specs on the panasonic machines it shows.

BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)

BD-R (Ver.1.3) / BD-R DL (Ver.2)

I am thinking that the new pioneer machine coming out later this year will have bdxl as pioneer were the company who created the 1st bdxl 4k bluray burner for pc.

can't see no reason why they can't use the same drives in the bluray player as they do in PC

so I'm not sure as yet.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    hey everyone

can anyone 100% confirm if the DMP-UB900 can playback bdxl disc properly without glitches or issues with freezing due layer changes.

at present from what i have read only the sony x700 will playback 66gb fine.
    Quote Quote  
  13. The other dayI bought a Panasonic UB900 and I havenīt got the BDXL to work well, it reads them but they are pixelated and cut. In the end I have changed it for a Sony x700 and all the BDXL up to 66GB reproduces them without problems.

Thks to Oakeyt for the advise.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just purchased a Panasonic dmp-ub900 and this plays a verbatim -r bdxl disc perfectly with the content size over 75gb - copy of blade Runner 2049 4k uhd blu-ray.

Happy days!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Oakeyt View Post
    Just purchased a Panasonic dmp-ub900 and this plays a verbatim -r bdxl disc perfectly with the content size over 75gb - copy of blade Runner 2049 4k uhd blu-ray.

Happy days!
    Really happy to see that. Considering buying one used for around 400€
    Since it was reported earlier that this player had some issues, what firmware are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Using the latest firmware v1.80.

Not sure why some people have had playback issues using bdxl discs but as yet i haven't had any problems.

Managed to pick mine up for Ģ199 from the official panasonic shop on ebay. Although refurbished, it looks like new and has a 12 month panasonic warranty.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

Anyone have tried BD-R XL 100GB discs in a Sony UBP-X800 North American model?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys i am new, meanwhile, a greeting to everyone, then I wanted to say that I own a sony x700 and that the reader is not able to read bdxl.I have personally burned 100gb tdk discs, ie 3 layers with my lg 16nu50 burner in both 100gb and 66gb format, to be precise, the film was about 60gb and the table reader does not read them.
    That's why I wanted to know how he did, Oakeyt, since he works, sorry for my bad English, and thanks in advance to everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just purchased a Panasonic dmp-ub900 and this plays a verbatim -r bdxl disc perfectly with the content size over 75gb - copy of blade Runner 2049 4k uhd blu-ray.
    Happy days!
    Yes ! I can confirm : I have one ! I read for months BD-R XL TDK or Verbatim burned with a PC Pioneer drive without any difficulty!
    The problem is that this end-of-life player will never decode dynamic HDR Dolby Vision let alone the HDR10+ and will stick to the static HDR10 ... This is my reason to search for a newer player...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Playback verbatim bd-r xl (burned using imgburn, not exceeding 66gb), on sony ubp-x70 no problem. Never used TDK discs so can't verify when they're any good.

Hell71 - did the sony display any message on your tv?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can see why the makers of UHD Blu-ray players don't claim that their products support BDXL playback. BDXL playback is too inconsistent for them to claim support even when it is possible. If a player plays BDXL media at all, only some brands of BDXL media are playable and the compatible brands vary among UHD Blu-ray players. Plus, even though the specs for UHD Blu-ray allows up to 100GB per disc and the capacity of BDXL is 100GB, the size of a burned ISO file must not exceed 66GB in order for UHD Blu-ray on BDXL to be playable.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  22. Agree with your view on inconsistencies and compatibility. However, please note that the panasonic dmp-ub900 will play back burned uhd bluray on bdxl upto 100gb - I've proven this uding my ub900.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with your view on inconsistencies and compatibility. However, please note that the panasonic dmp-ub900 will play back burned uhd bluray on bdxl upto 100gb - I've proven this uding my ub900.
    Then this is another example of inconsistency among UHD Blu-ray players. The Sony UBP-X70 discussed earlier in this thread is apparently limited to 66GB.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Oakeyt, I do not know what to tell you, I was checking what the words said when I inserted the disc that roughly said so: disk dirty or incompatible as it is not supported, suddenly the miracle works again It works, it reads the tdk disk 100gb, I took a picture let's see and I can load it.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180826_131041.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	46602  

Quote Quote  
  25. Ottime notizie Dolby Vision ..... bello!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I can confirm that it works perfectly, just use only the first two layers, settings for burning 66gb the film was about 60gb. For the 100gb that is the three layers burned a film with about 81gb is not seen, I tried more times to put and remove the disk but it does not work. The Sony x700 read It. A greeting everybody.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys

Just bought the little Sony X700 only to burn and play my UHD BD66.

First one, no luck.

I burned Avengers UHD, 58gb, with my Pioneer BDR 209EBK, using Verbatim BDXL (code VERBAT-IMk-000), and the Sony says initially unknown, it ends saying disk might be dirty or session might had not been closed.

I used imgburn, moved the BDMV and Certificate folders to imgburn, which recognized it was a BD Video structure, burned at 4x, took more or less 1 hour.

Iīm gonna try again creating an ISO with DVDFab, i will be using now the Asus BW 16D1HT, which i currently have running UHD friendly firmware, and see if it works this way.

Can you guys detail exactly how you burned your working BD XL?
    Last edited by cesarleeds; 29th Aug 2018 at 09:24.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Look in the imgbur log for any errors. I always set verify so it compares the disc I've just bured to the source folders.
    As yet only had one coaster from roughly 5 burns. All successful burns read ok by the sony.
    Never needed to burn from iso, burning from folders not a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  29. 50 burns, not 5!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Look in the imgbur log for any errors. I always set verify so it compares the disc I've just bured to the source folders.
    As yet only had one coaster from roughly 5 burns. All successful burns read ok by the sony.
    Never needed to burn from iso, burning from folders not a problem.
    Weird then.

Which firmware version are you running on the Sony?
    Quote Quote