VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Anyone have any updates on any new players on the market that play bdxl. getting frustrated now with not being able to use the disc i have. hard to being in Australia
    have a look at this thread - https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/are-there-any-standalone-players-that-can-play-bd-re-xl.76605/
    there are some players that will play BDXL discs like the SONY UBP-X700 as long as the content doesn't exceed 66GB of data.
    then there's the Panasonic DMP-UB900 that should read the full BD-RE XL disc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Thanks for the update

I was aware of that but I want a player that does everything as the 900 doesn't do dolby vision and the 700 doesn't support 100gb

thought a new player on market would do everything
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Thanks for the update

I was aware of that but I want a player that does everything as the 900 doesn't do dolby vision and the 700 doesn't support 100gb

scroll over to the previous 5-6 pages. i have confirmed the oppo-203 and the Panasonic ub-450 reads full 100GB discs as long as you burn it with imgburn and from External USB.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all.

First post here, been reading up a lot regarding the issue and I have a few questions. But first my setup:

I have a sony ubp-x700. It reads bdxl 66GB discs smoothly created as following:

1) An ISO file is made from the folders using dvdfab with the output setting set to bd66 (assuming of course the film is under 66gb).
    2) Verbatim bd-r xl 100gb discs (bought here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Verbatim-VBR520YP5V2-100GB-Pieces-Printable/dp/B07YZN51GV. With shipping adds up to around $4.5 per disc).
    3) My writer is an LG WH16NS40 connected externally via usb using a basic adaper (the unitek SATA to USB 3.0, SATA III Cable Hard Drive Adapter).
    4) Finally the ISO file is burnt using imgburn at x2 speed.

However, all this doesn't solve the problem of 100GB discs. So I'm looking into getting a panasonic ub450 for reading bdxl 100GB discs.

And my questions are:

1) Regarding the panasonic ub450: I have read conflicting reports, ie that it reads bdxl 66gb _and_ 100gb discs, or alternatively that it reads _only_ 100gb discs and _not_ 66gb discs (which seems rather strange). Can either be confirmed from multiple sources?

2) Has anyone had any experience with chinese clone models regarding their ability to read bdxl discs, for instance the oppo clone cineULTRA V203 or the pioneer clone giec bdp-g5300? If any of these read bdxl discs they could be worthy options as they are (somewhat) universal and multi region players.

3) Is it confirmed by anyone first hand (ie not from other forum reports) that _only_ panasonic models ub150 and ub450 (and of course the older ub900) read bdxl discs and _not_ ub420 (us), ub424 (germany), etc.?

4) Does anyone have experience with other solutions for playing bdxl discs with hdr10 and dv on theirs tv's, ie htpc's, raspberry pi 4 with external drive solutions connected to iso readers etc.?

Still searching for the ultimate uhd player that will play all bdxl discs...

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    Hi Thanks for the update

scroll over to the previous 5-6 pages. i have confirmed the oppo-203 and the Panasonic ub-450 reads full 100GB discs as long as you burn it with imgburn and from External USB.
    hey rick

sent you a message if you could reply would really appreciate it
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    hey

with the whole usb to pc and them burning disc can someone please help me on the settings.

does the usb connection have to be a sata drive or can you use a normal portable hard drive

what program is then used to burn discs and what settings

please help at wits end with this about to throw out heaps of blank bdxl disc cause no player works

frustrated aussie
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    Hi Thanks for the update

With Oppo don´t you have problems in the layer jump?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Can someone please confirm the correct process and what settings to use to successfully create bdxl movies 66gb and 100gb. can use a optical drive using a usb connect, need to know what program to use the create the movie and the correct settings. can use dvd fab to create file first.

some people say use imageburn can you use different program what settings used

any help would be extremely appreciated. thanks everyone
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Can someone please confirm the correct process and what settings to use to successfully create bdxl movies 66gb and 100gb. can use a optical drive using a usb connect, need to know what program to use the create the movie and the correct settings. can use dvd fab to create file first.

some people say use imageburn can you use different program what settings used

any help would be extremely appreciated. thanks everyone
    Hi.

After much experimenting with players, programs and burning speeds, these are my conclusions in a nutshell (some of which I have already written above):

Regarding players:

The Sony ubp-x700 will read bdxl discs with a movie size up to 66GB without problems (at least with the dozen or so movies I checked), ie using 2 layers (including the layer break).
    The Panasonic ub450 will read bdxl discs up to 100GB without problems (again, at least with the few movies I checked), ie using 3 layers, but not less than 66GB. Strange, but it is what it is.
    So basically you may need both players (which are relatively inexpensive models), the Sony for movies up to 66GB, the Panasonic for movies larger than 66GB.

The way the discs are burned is as follows:

1) An ISO file is made from the folders using dvdfab with the output setting set to bd66 for movies under 66gb or set to bd100 for those above 66gb.
    2) The discs used are verbatim bd-r xl 100gb discs. Maybe others work, but these are the ones I checked.
    3) My writer is an LG WH16NS40 connected externally via usb using a basic adaper (the unitek SATA to USB 3.0, SATA III Cable Hard Drive Adapter).
    4) Finally the ISO file is burnt using imgburn at x2 speed.

As stated in my previous post - I am still searching for the ultimate uhd player that will play bdxl discs of all sizes with no problems...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Did a test with ISO file converted using dvd fab copy and save as iso file
    used imageburn and burnt at 2x speed using write image to disc function

used asus burner ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00 (E (SATA) connected via a external case connected to pc via usb

burnt was successful but when verifying burn got error message.
    took disc and placed in OPPO 203 and disc wasn't recognised.
    also used verbatim bdxl disc

please advise what am I doing wrong as followed all steps provided by several posts here and burn doesn't work.
    will try on another machine
    burn was a 100gb file.

has anyone tried burning a disc using Ashampoo program if so does this work.

pics of what used

imagburn
    [Attachment 61082 - Click to enlarge]

dvdfab

[Attachment 61083 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 61084 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    these are the discs being used

[Attachment 61085 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did a test with ISO file converted using dvd fab copy and save as iso file
    used imageburn and burnt at 2x speed using write image to disc function

used asus burner ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00 (E (SATA) connected via a external case connected to pc via usb

burnt was successful but when verifying burn got error message.
    took disc and placed in OPPO 203 and disc wasn't recognised.
    also used verbatim bdxl disc

please advise what am I doing wrong as followed all steps provided by several posts here and burn doesn't work.
    will try on another machine
    burn was a 100gb file.

has anyone tried burning a disc using Ashampoo program if so does this work.

pics of what used

imagburn
    [Attachment 61082 - Click to enlarge]

dvdfab

[Attachment 61083 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 61084 - Click to enlarge]

see here - https://www.avforums.com/threads/the-ultimate-oppo-media-device.2207229/page-153
    the BDXL discs will work as long as you don't burn over 66GB (2 layers)
    Last edited by october262; 2nd Oct 2021 at 03:24.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hey

Rick029 has said in his messages it still should work if its a 100gb.

will try and burn a 66gb file then

cheers

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388243-BluRay-Player-with-BDXL-Support/page11
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    sorry rick090
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello all, newbie here, but been trying to read up all I can before asking this question.

I have the Sony ubp-x700 and it's reading BDXLs just fine within the first 2 layers (66gb) as everyone has stated. But my question is, what discs are these movies coming out on commercially that allow the drive to read them but be over 66gb in length? Like if I have Schindler's List, V for Vendetta, Spider-Man Far From Home, etc would they not play in my player at all after buying a 4k UHD Bluray that to the normal person should play in a Blu-Ray player? Because after those movies are backed up they are over 80gb, so to me they would be over the 66gb 2 layer threshold and shouldn't play? Or maybe there are disc types I don't know about like a BD-100 that has dual 50gb layers somehow? Or maybe they use BD-66 and have it compressed and the 80gb backup files are uncompressed?

I'm just trying to figure out how the commercially available discs that make these big back ups can be played and if its possible for people to duplicate that process, whether it be a different disc or compressing down to BD-66 or 2 layers of BDXL or something to be able to back up some discs past the 66gb 2nd layer BDXL issue.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JimBob22 View Post
    Hello all, newbie here, but been trying to read up all I can before asking this question.

I have the Sony ubp-x700 and it's reading BDXLs just fine within the first 2 layers (66gb) as everyone has stated. But my question is, what discs are these movies coming out on commercially that allow the drive to read them but be over 66gb in length? Like if I have Schindler's List, V for Vendetta, Spider-Man Far From Home, etc would they not play in my player at all after buying a 4k UHD Bluray that to the normal person should play in a Blu-Ray player? Because after those movies are backed up they are over 80gb, so to me they would be over the 66gb 2 layer threshold and shouldn't play? Or maybe there are disc types I don't know about like a BD-100 that has dual 50gb layers somehow? Or maybe they use BD-66 and have it compressed and the 80gb backup files are uncompressed?

I'm just trying to figure out how the commercially available discs that make these big back ups can be played and if its possible for people to duplicate that process, whether it be a different disc or compressing down to BD-66 or 2 layers of BDXL or something to be able to back up some discs past the 66gb 2nd layer BDXL issue.

Thanks in advance!
    commercially available discs are pressed disks not burned.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by JimBob22 View Post
    Hello all, newbie here, but been trying to read up all I can before asking this question.

Thanks in advance!
    commercially available discs are pressed disks not burned.
    Thanks for the reply. I had to look up what pressing was but I figured it out. Does pressing allow them to fit more than 33 GB per layer? I thought burning just imitated the result of pressing so i would assume it takes up the same amount of space on a layer? Can you explain how pressing lets them get over 66gb on to 2 layers to be able to play in all 4k uhd drives properly?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    new pioneer machine.

Hi David,

The Pioneer UDP-LX500 should be available in November this year. It will be available from Pioneer LX Authorise stockists only. The RRP is estimated to be $1999.00

Unfortunately it will not read BDXL discs.

Regards,

Shelden
    Maybe I'm not on the right thread as BDXL support is not a problem for me; I'm fine with BD-RE blank media if it works for me as follows. I’ve yet to get hands on with any DVD or BD decyrpting and cloning software. But I’m hoping that AnyDVD HD and Clone BD will make it easy.
    https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/how-to-use-anydvd-hd-to-create-iso.68604/

I love my Pioneer LX500; great sound quality-and fully functional zoom control, except with the BDs that disable it (Criterion Collection, ShoutFactory, Universal, et al).

But whichever BD decrypting and ISO imaging software LX500 owners here use, do your ISO BD-RE discs play fine?

Can you zoom in on scenes AND then use the four buttons to move the desired part of the zoomed image to center it on the screen?

And perfect playback of the DTS Master Audio tracks?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick

when you create the iso file using imgburn do you change any of the settings

for example
    under options it shows the following.

data type what to use
    file system
    udf revision

i have the following set

data type:- Mode1/2048
    file system:- ISO9660 + UDF
    UDF Revision: 1.02

just trying to get this right before i do first attempted burn

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I think i worked it out

it is asking me for this now

[Attachment 61283 - Click to enlarge]

i assume you click yes and change it to 2.60 correct

thanks so much for your help on this

once this is done do you need to make any changes prior to the burn please

I'm Dave btw

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    still not luck with the usb method
    burnt 2 discs using imgburn and not reading
    almost at wits end with 4k burning
    must be easier way to do it
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    still not luck with the usb method
    burnt 2 discs using imgburn and not reading
    almost at wits end with 4k burning
    must be easier way to do it
    how fast did you burn the disc ?? try 4x or slower.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    I did it at 2x speed
    ripped original file to iso using imgburn
    then burnt with imgburn
    using asus burner bdxl via usb
    disabled other drive on pc
    stopped antivirus and also other programs
    tried in oppo 203, xbox series x, panasonuc 450 and sony 700 doesn't read disc

wasted 3 disc now

need strict instructions on how to burn these discs.
    otherwise this process doesn't work

4k movie coping doesn't work properly.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did it at 2x speed
    ripped original file to iso using imgburn
    then burnt with imgburn
    using asus burner bdxl via usb
    disabled other drive on pc
    stopped antivirus and also other programs
    tried in oppo 203, xbox series x, panasonuc 450 and sony 700 doesn't read disc

wasted 3 disc now

need strict instructions on how to burn these discs.
    otherwise this process doesn't work

4k movie coping doesn't work properly.
    try this - https://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/25944-udf-setting-for-video-files-burn-to-1...lu-ray-m-disk/
    to find the UDF settings click MODE and then build then click options.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Hi October.

this process doesn't work I have tried everything.
    need to get step by step instructions on how to get process to work
    only player that seems to playback any 4k movies is the panasonic 900 series which was the first player on the market 5 years ago.

[Attachment 61332 - Click to enlarge]

when i burnt this after creating the file to ISO it burnt as a data file and will not read on anything

[Attachment 61333 - Click to enlarge]

if i could get again step by step instructions it would help as i am wasting expensive discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    From Wikipedia (Bluray)...

BDXL

100 GB BDXL triple-layer disc by Sharp
    The BDXL format allows 100 GB and 128 GB write-once discs,[141][142] and 100 GB rewritable discs for commercial applications. The BDXL specification was finalised in June 2010 but the first 128 GB quad-layer discs were not released until November 2018, and these discs are currently sold only in Japan.[143][144] BD-R 3.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc recordable in BDAV format with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100/128 GB and usage of UDF2.5/2.6.[145] BD-RE 4.0 Format Specification (BDXL) defined a multi-layered disc rewritable in BDAV with the speed of 2× and 4×, capable of 100 GB and usage of UDF2.5 as file system.[146] Although the 66 GB and 100 GB BD-ROM discs used for Ultra HD Blu-ray use the same linear density as BDXL, the two formats are not compatible with each other, therefore it is not possible to use a triple layer BDXL disc to burn an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playable in an Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
    My emphasis in BOLD.

You are trying to make a UHD/4k Bluray using R and RE discs, where the layer breaks won't match, the read speeds won't match, the sector layouts won't match. If you get it working, you just lucked out this time. There is still currently NO official spec for UHD Bluray on burned media, and this is the result of trying to put a square-ish (but maybe slightly rounded to the naked eye) peg in a round hole. Who ever told you it would always work doesn't know the full story.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    I may have come up with a solution to this burning issues that doesn't involve using imgburn at all
    stay posted
    doing 2nd movie burn now.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    So here is my conclusion.
    Using the bluray burner via usb drive only works with movies that are less than 66gb.
    did multiple burns of neverending story, greenland and stripes using the ISO imgeburn method and then using imagburn again to burn at 2x.

conclusion.
    greenland and neverending story worked perfectly on the sony 700 and the panasonic 900 4k player
    wouldn't work on the oppo 203, panasonic 820 and the xbox one x and series x.

I even burnt an iso converted with imgeburn using Ashampoo Nero and DVD Fab and all failed to read in any machine.

stripes which was a 90gb disc using triple layer wouldn't work on anything.

so moving forward the oppo 203 won't play any burnt bdxl discs at all regardless of what people have said in this thread.

it appears using imgeburn with strict instructions on burning and creating an iso file work but you will need the sony 700 for it work.

hope this now settles the issues with burning 4k movies.

until a new machine comes onto the market that will playback bdxl we are stuck with just movies that are on 66gb or less will work.

the whole process takes approx 4-5 hours to.

cheers

Kadu
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    So here is my conclusion.
    Using the bluray burner via usb drive only works with movies that are less than 66gb.
    did multiple burns of neverending story, greenland and stripes using the ISO imgeburn method and then using imagburn again to burn at 2x.

conclusion.
    greenland and neverending story worked perfectly on the sony 700 and the panasonic 900 4k player
    wouldn't work on the oppo 203, panasonic 820 and the xbox one x and series x.

I even burnt an iso converted with imgeburn using Ashampoo Nero and DVD Fab and all failed to read in any machine.

stripes which was a 90gb disc using triple layer wouldn't work on anything.

so moving forward the oppo 203 won't play any burnt bdxl discs at all regardless of what people have said in this thread.

it appears using imgeburn with strict instructions on burning and creating an iso file work but you will need the sony 700 for it work.

hope this now settles the issues with burning 4k movies.

until a new machine comes onto the market that will playback bdxl we are stuck with just movies that are on 66gb or less will work.

the whole process takes approx 4-5 hours to.

cheers

Kadu
    But I got Oppo-203 and my Imgburn method is working perfectly on it. With 66Gb and 100GB discs.
    Burner connected to USB 2.0 Port (a usb 2.0 controller is preffered also), Verbatim BDXL (Mdisc or regular), Imgburn UDF 2.6. works greate 95% of the times.
    Using DVDFab for burning is a sure coaster!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    But I got Oppo-203 and my Imgburn method is working perfectly on it. With 66Gb and 100GB discs.
    Burner connected to USB 2.0 Port (a usb 2.0 controller is preffered also), Verbatim BDXL (Mdisc or regular), Imgburn UDF 2.6. works greate 95% of the times.
    Using DVDFab for burning is a sure coaster!

Rick I will send you via message the exact steps I have used to burn these movies as I saved them with screen shots

as mentioned the oppo 203 wouldn't read anything at all. only the sony 700 and panasonic 900 as long as they are less than 66gb.

would you kindly reply.

i am doing another burn now and will save the data to show the process.

kadu
    Quote Quote