there are some players that will play BDXL discs like the SONY UBP-X700 as long as the content doesn't exceed 66GB of data.
then there's the Panasonic DMP-UB900 that should read the full BD-RE XL disc.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 301 to 307 of 307
Hi Thanks for the update
I was aware of that but I want a player that does everything as the 900 doesn't do dolby vision and the 700 doesn't support 100gb
thought a new player on market would do everything
First post here, been reading up a lot regarding the issue and I have a few questions. But first my setup:
I have a sony ubp-x700. It reads bdxl 66GB discs smoothly created as following:
1) An ISO file is made from the folders using dvdfab with the output setting set to bd66 (assuming of course the film is under 66gb).
2) Verbatim bd-r xl 100gb discs (bought here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Verbatim-VBR520YP5V2-100GB-Pieces-Printable/dp/B07YZN51GV. With shipping adds up to around $4.5 per disc).
3) My writer is an LG WH16NS40 connected externally via usb using a basic adaper (the unitek SATA to USB 3.0, SATA III Cable Hard Drive Adapter).
4) Finally the ISO file is burnt using imgburn at x2 speed.
However, all this doesn't solve the problem of 100GB discs. So I'm looking into getting a panasonic ub450 for reading bdxl 100GB discs.
And my questions are:
1) Regarding the panasonic ub450: I have read conflicting reports, ie that it reads bdxl 66gb _and_ 100gb discs, or alternatively that it reads _only_ 100gb discs and _not_ 66gb discs (which seems rather strange). Can either be confirmed from multiple sources?
2) Has anyone had any experience with chinese clone models regarding their ability to read bdxl discs, for instance the oppo clone cineULTRA V203 or the pioneer clone giec bdp-g5300? If any of these read bdxl discs they could be worthy options as they are (somewhat) universal and multi region players.
3) Is it confirmed by anyone first hand (ie not from other forum reports) that _only_ panasonic models ub150 and ub450 (and of course the older ub900) read bdxl discs and _not_ ub420 (us), ub424 (germany), etc.?
4) Does anyone have experience with other solutions for playing bdxl discs with hdr10 and dv on theirs tv's, ie htpc's, raspberry pi 4 with external drive solutions connected to iso readers etc.?
Still searching for the ultimate uhd player that will play all bdxl discs...
with the whole usb to pc and them burning disc can someone please help me on the settings.
does the usb connection have to be a sata drive or can you use a normal portable hard drive
what program is then used to burn discs and what settings
please help at wits end with this about to throw out heaps of blank bdxl disc cause no player works