VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, guys,

I've just got a gerforce gtx 1050 graphcs card for my windows 7 gigabyte computer
    At home I have two 22" svga monitors, so I had to get adapters for them.
    I got an hdmi svga adapter for one and a dvi svga for the other.
    The problem is that on the hdmi svga monitor I have a 1920x1080 resolution whereas on the dvi svga monitor, the maximum resolution the control pannel will allow me is 1024x768.

This didn't happen with my previous Geforce GT 740.
    "They say that if you play the Windows CD backward you can hear satanic speech; well, thatīs nothing.
    When you play it forward, it installs windows."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried creating a custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How about you tell us the model #s of the monitors? Max available native resolutions?

You also aren't clear as to which ports you are using for each, what adapters you are using, etc.

Vga is an analog connection path. Dvi connectors can be analog-only, or digital-only, or both. If using the DVI-A to Vga or DVI-I to vga, the pathway could have been analog all along, with certain rez constraints.

Hdmi is a Digital-only connection path. In order to connect to a vga-only monitor, requires not just a simple adapter but a digital-to-analog converter. This also has certain, possibly different, max rez specs.

Cannot make further comparison without further information.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hey, guys,

thank you so much for your repplies, this has been bugging me the whole weekend.
    I tried switching the connections, trading places between the monitors and nothing.
    These are two 4 -6 year old 22" monitors, one is an ASUS and the other an LG.
    Both worked fine at 1920x1080 resolutions, back when I had a geforce gt 740.
    No issues in all those years til the graphics card started acting up, immediately after I did a driver update (programs started flickering at launch, sometimes up to a whole minute before they stabilized; it was probably an opengl issue since the moment I turned off the opengl feture in photohop, the flickering stopped.
    For photoshop, at least.
    Poser, 3d studio, blender 3d, adobe premiere, even steam in the later months.
    Not games, though. funny enough, games launched normally, no flickering.

I'm gonna look over your sugestions, the custom resolution in the Nvidia control panel and check up the specs on the adapters and monitors.
    "They say that if you play the Windows CD backward you can hear satanic speech; well, thatīs nothing.
    When you play it forward, it installs windows."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Manually force a few Windows updates checks and reboot. Then go to the nVidia site and download and install the latest drivers for your card. I've had something similar on several machines with recent Windows 10 updates where it's taken a while for it to correctly identify an attached monitor.
    Quote Quote