VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

Between this programs: PlayOn, OBS Studio, Replay Video Capture.

Are there many differences between them?

I mean: all of them produce high quality results?

OBS Studio ( freeware ) can do all the things the others ( non freewares ) do?

I know that " the best" is a very subjective opinion, but according to your experience, can you point which one ( or even others programs ) gave you better results?

PS: such programs can record subtitles from the videos too? If it is possible, it will be hardcoded into the video? I mean: such programs can record, but not extract subtitles from videos / sites?

Thanks.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A video/screen recorder usually will record your display and/or webcam, so it will hardcode the subtitles on the video.
    You need a video downloader to get the subtitles (if they are not hardcoded already on the video) or other similar software meant for this job.

Are you searching for a video recorder or video downloader software ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ miked76

Hi.

Are you searching for a video recorder or video downloader software ?
    I'm looking for video recorder programs. The ones that can deliver very nice output.

Video recorder that can handle any kind of streaming video. Do you point some of them?

Which do you recommend the ones I said previously? All of them are equal in results, even OBS Studio ( freeware)?

Thanks.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  4. While OBS is very good software, it is not for capturing streams. It is for capturing the screen. While it could capture the output of a media player which is playing a stream, it cannot capture the stream itself - the stream must be re-encoded, which means the quality will be worse, the file size will be larger, or both.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on your needs. I use both OBS and playon. Playon does a great job automatically queing, recording, and tagging video shows, and marking commercials all at rather decent quality and also doubles as a media server. OBS on the other hand is meant to do manual capturing from a screen or input device. Yes you can capture a show with OBS and get a little better quality. but you would have present and monitor the process all the way. Far as subs none can capture them but rather burns them in if you want. At the end of the day for shows on a channel that Playon supports I use it as such. for other chores I use OBS or virtualdub in manual capture mode. side-note: none capture the raw stream but rather records it off a virtual screen. If you looking for raw stream file capture neither program is built for that....but if your trying to record amazon prime shows, hulu, etc. Playon will be the easiest.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  6. While OBS is very good software, it is not for capturing streams. It is for capturing the screen.
    Depends on your needs. I use both OBS and playon
    subs none can capture them but rather burns them in if you want.
    Playon will be the easiest.
    Hi. Thanks for your tips!

virtualdub can record the screen too, like Playon or OBS? The entire screen?

And in such programs ( maybe Playon not ) I must to stay all the time in that current page to record the screen for that content?

Or I can go to other sites during the recording?

I'm get interested on Playon. It sounds easy. Quality is nice? And you can get the subtitles hardcoded on the video in the final output?

Thanks again!

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Play quality is good in a practical sense. far as hard burning sub's play on has guides as you have to preset the site to be recorded ahead of time to always display sub's. Virtualdub can do screen capture as well, but its bound to a AVI container so a bit of know how is needed over OBS on the post processing end of things. And yes with obs and virtualdub you must leave the screen/site alone and not cause a load on your PC multitasking. If you have a fairly powerful PC you can record with play on and browse the web...but I wouldn't do much else.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    And in such programs ( maybe Playon not ) I must to stay all the time in that current page to record the screen for that content?
    VirtualDub and OBS are screen recorders. They record what's on the screen. Quality depends on the settings you use. Playon streams the video internally and reencodes it. It doesn't matter what's on the screen. Quality is so-so. Playon also has an off-line recorder. They stream the videos to their own servers and encode them. You download the file when they're done. It costs about 25 cents per video.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello, dear all.

Playon also has an off-line recorder. They stream the videos to their own servers and encode them. You download the file when they're done. It costs about 25 cents per video.
    I must be online to use Playon? Or I must use their server to grab / process the videos on the screen too?

You download the file when they're done. It costs about 25 cents per video.
    I want a program that I pay only once and use the program until I need some upgrade or something. Playon can work like this?

Thanks.

Best regards.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Playon itself runs on your PC and records and probably is what you want. Play on cloud allows you to que items from your phone or tablet to record on a server so you can download it later. If you have shoddy internet or a slow PC (like a atom) the cloud is a good option. It personally use both. If my PC is busy or im on the road and want the recording ready for later I'll use cloud to do that if I didn't que it in play on before hand.
    Quote Quote