VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Good Morning... I do not know what has happened to my old script but when I use ffmpeg to create a slideshow from images is creates the length of the input framerate at the output frame rate but only for the first image.

I am using:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -framerate 1/5 -i C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\imagefolder\img00%03d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\imagefolder\out.mp4
    This gives me the first image img00000.jpg for 5 seconds. Total video is 5 seconds and 150 frames. If anyone knows what this needs or what has changed in ffmpeg, I would appreciate the help.

UPDATE

OOPS Think I found the reason:

Code:
    ffmpeg -framerate 1/5 -f image2 -i C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\imagefolder\img00%03d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\imagefolder\out.mp4
    If anyone has a better script for quality, etc. Please post.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Budman1; 19th Feb 2018 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't seem to work in any fashion when output is FLV? Is this normal?

AGAIN after exhausting test... it appears Windows lies about the length of the FLV leading to believe it failed to create the correct video. Playing this shows it is correct, however.
    Last edited by Budman1; 19th Feb 2018 at 04:20. Reason: update after further research
    Quote Quote