VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Guys I just got my German edition of the He-man dvd set, and I tell you what this breathes new life into these cartoons! I know Vidd said that Hallmark destroyed the original masters, but this German boxset has just rescued it, I don't know how. The picture quality is far superior to the ntsc version, the colours are really vibrant, I don't know if they remastered it or took from a difference source. Anyway thank the Germans for saving my childhood! My only gripe is I wasted so much electricity having my computer on for god knows how many hours trying to fix the ntsc versions, when all I had to do was buy the German version all along but I didn't know it existed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sounds good. Any chance of posting a sample ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If the original masters were destroyed, what is the lineage of this German dvd set ?

Wouldn't this info have been mentioned in various fan forums/ review sites ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Sure here are 2 minute samples from both versions. I know you guys hate me containing these files in mkv, but I didn't have time to do it the way you prefer it. Anyway you'll notice on the German version there is absolutely no motion blurring whatsoever. Pay particular attention to the start intro when the title 'He-Man' moves to the centre of the screen, if you freeze frame, you see motion blur on the ntsc version, but none on the german pal version. I don't have a copy of the UK dvd releases, but since UK Pal don't do a complete set that contains all 130 episodes, what's the point over here they only released certain episodes.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting, that is beautiful compared to those dodgy NTSC versions. AS you said, beyond the clean frames,
    it's a much better image overall. Problem solved!

I compared the ntsc.mkv and title00_track1_eng-001.mk you posted earlier, the ntsc.mkv seems to be properly telecined
    while the earlier version was progressive frames with blending. Different episode? Different season?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ntsc.png
Views:	60
Size:	973.7 KB
ID:	45057  

Last edited by davexnet; 30th Mar 2018 at 14:36. Reason: image
    Quote Quote