VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I compressed a dvd using x264. The length of the movie is 2 hrs 9 mins but when i add the .ac3 track to the video file using mkvtoolnix the output file shows a length of 2 hrs 55 mins in media player. I checked it in vlc, mpv, and mpc hc. All three of them display 2 hrs 55 mins runtime. Can someone tell me why the video duration changed after adding audio track?

Duration : 2 h 9 min
    Bit rate : 1 419 kb/s
    Width : 702 pixels
    Height : 460 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 1.85:1
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.183

after adding audio track with mkvtoolnix v20

[Attachment 44713 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Because your .ac3 file is 2:55 long? How did you create it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Because your .ac3 file is 2:55 long? How did you create it?
    Demuxed audio track from DVD using dgindex.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is probably video ends at 2hrs9mins and rest is audio. Have you checked the end of videofile? If video is also 2:55 and audio is in sync everything is o.k.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. But both video and audio are in-sync and overall correct in the first 2:09 of the file? Then you could simply cut the remaining garbage in mkvtoolnix.

Which DVD, btw? How did you decrypt it? There are times when you can't simply use DGIndex on the VOBs.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    But both video and audio are in-sync and overall correct in the first 2:09 of the file? Then you could simply cut the remaining garbage in mkvtoolnix.

Which DVD, btw? How did you decrypt it? There are times when you can't simply use DGIndex on the VOBs.
    Hi. I checked both video and audio and they were of same length. After that i checked the subtitle file and i noticed the last line ended at 2hr 55 mins. I changed the subtitle file and now the length is correct. I forgot to check subtitle before.
    Quote Quote