VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys I dont know where exactly post it, I just want to know what program do you recommend and use for burning disc? Bluray movies, CD audio, Data disc, DVD movies etc?

Thank you in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ImgBurn - period.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Burn aware free. But some reported that burned DVD wasn't able to autorun. Probably problem with some burners, don!t know. I'm using it mainly for data discs.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use ImgBurn version 2.5.5.0
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Eltina View Post
    Is Imgburn to old to use? I notice its not been updated since 2013. I use DVD Stlyer.
    I dont know about it but I know a lot of people that burn dvds and Bluray disc still using IMGburn, so I.

I dont know people dont use Nero anymore? there´s Burnaware too, I wonder if Burnaware os good or what
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Eltina View Post
    Because they are not free?
    Cost has nothing to do with it.
    Nero is crap, the end.
    Even if it was free, nobody (with any degree of burning sense) would use it.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The burning engine for Nero was fine for years, up until ~2007 when they really started changing focus and adding all kinds of bloatware to it. But I doubt that's the version era people are referring to.

There are specialty types of burning that need different tools (CD+G, AVCD, Beige Book, multi-session Enhanced CD/BlueBook, copy-protected mastering), but for most uses of CD and nearly all uses of DVD and BD, ImgBurn is one of the prime choices, even when money is no object. (LightningUK is a great programmer.)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. ImgBurn will work under Windows emulation in Linux too but after much experimentation with CD, DVD and BluRay both for video and data backup, I have found K3B best as a native Linux application and it is both free and still being maintained.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn has never failed me. Pun intended.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    I use ImgBurn version 2.5.5.0
    Many are rightfully reluctant to use newer versions since crapware was added. I use a clean, portable version of the latest, 2.5.8.0.

To create a portable version of the latest ImgBurn without any crapware:

Download SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe from:
    http://www.imgburn.com/

Download Universal Extractor:
    http://www.legroom.net/software/uniextract
    I recommend the "UniExtract Binary Archive" version since it does not require installation.

Use it to extract the files from SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe.

The folder $INSTDIR will contain all the files you need to run ImgBurn without installing anything.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  11. Or just download it from here. It's already clean.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the info Lightning UK. I'm glad to hear that my info is outdated.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    imgburn has been number 1 for a long time. alcohol 120% was good in it's day.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote