VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Dad has a 4K TV from Sony that uses the Android operating system. I sometimes get pictures or videos from the internet on my computer to show him. Now he's asking me if there's a way to copy those items from my flash drive to his TV so he can keep some of them. I noticed under "Storage and Reset" that the TV has a capacity of over 8GB of storage space. However, I can't find a way to copy any of my drive's content over into the storage area of the TV.

I've done Google searches for this problem and have seen advice about apps that can be used. However, my Dad doesn't have internet at his house, so the TV is not connected to it. It's just "stand-alone". So that seems to rule out downloading an external app. to it. Also, I've tried connecting my smartphone to the TV without success, so it doesn't look like I can do anything with that either. Isn't there a setting on the TV that allows files to be copied from an external device over to the TV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Get a USB A (female) <-> USB miniA (male) adapter and plug in a USB flash drive to your Android. Might need to enable Developer mode and properly usb transfer protocol, but then you can save your files to usb and then have your dad plug his usb into the TV.

Or

Get a microSD card, put it into the phone, save/copy the files, get a USB card reader and stick the microSD into the reader and the reader into the TV.

Very likely the TV has a built in media player app, but not nearly as likely that it has facility for subsequent file management. So keep media OFF any internal storage. It was meant for storing stuff via its own apps alone anyway.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Get a USB A (female) <-> USB miniA (male) adapter and plug in a USB flash drive to your Android. Might need to enable Developer mode and properly usb transfer protocol, but then you can save your files to usb and then have your dad plug his usb into the TV.

Or

Get a microSD card, put it into the phone, save/copy the files, get a USB card reader and stick the microSD into the reader and the reader into the TV.

Very likely the TV has a built in media player app, but not nearly as likely that it has facility for subsequent file management. So keep media OFF any internal storage. It was meant for storing stuff via its own apps alone anyway.

Scott
    Thanks!
    Well, it seems that the simplest solution would be to just get an additional flash drive that my Dad can plug into his TV to view stuff on. I had thought the internal storage could be used for pretty much anything, but I guess it's just for apps and things like that like you said.
    Quote Quote