VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello I edit for my local church and there seems to be a weird recording issue which I hope someone can help me figure out. As seen in the picture there seems to be a jittering effect in any movement in recording a moving object. I'm not really as to why this happens but I hope someone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

PS.The jittering is in the source file aswell before any edits are done.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	418741BD-F566-404D-A7AE-BA136FF852CE.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	44642  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Likely a combination of phone/cam recording in portrait mode, mp4 rotation flag set, capture/play/convert not recognizing flag, and bad deint and/or resizing. Not sure in which order.

Post the ORIGINAL clip, unedited (except if trim needed - then follow no-loss I-frame rules) and unconverted. Straight from the source if possible.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Below is a scene/trim of a example from the original source included is a picture taken directly on my computer. Hope it helps Image
    [Attachment 44646 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Images  
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's interlaced video being resized without consideration of the interlacing. Use an interlace aware resizer or deinterlace before resizing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @jagabo thank you for the solution. I'm all new to this editing still, is there any recommended software which have the capabilities to preform this task. I use Premiere Pro/Final Cut Pro X for editing do either of those software contain it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. The problem is already in the file you uploaded (didn't see the file earlier). You need to go back to the 1080i source. You're editors should recognize the video is interlaced and handle it properly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Understood. Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote