VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/05/former-intel-president-launches-new-chip-company-wit...carlyle-group/

The company’s first chip is a custom core Armv8-A 64-bit server operating at up to 3.3 GHz with 1TB of memory at a power envelope of 125 watts. Although James was not ready to share pricing, she promised that the chip would offer unsurpassed price/performance that would exceed any high performance computing chip out there.
    Man how I hope she succeeds, we need mainstream competition to Intel and AMD and I wish we could escape the stranglehold of the x86 ISA.

The fact that she was with Intel and a president of the company, as well as the financial backing she has, gives this venture a ton of credibility, I look forward to the day I don't have to buy anything from either Intel or AMD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There is many good CPU architectures on market yet x86 domination seem to be above competition - there is PowerPC, there is MIPS, there is OpenRISC, there is SPARC, there is RISC-V - most of them can deliver same or better performance than x86. ARM dominating mobile market not because architecture superiority but due popularity (so called hype).
    Quote Quote