VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have one computer running Windows 7 x32. I build a new computer which is running Windows 10 Pro x64. I create all my subtitles using SubtitleEdit. I am using different SubtitleEdit builds on each system. When I created a VobSub subtitle on the x32 system for a 1280x720 video I set the font size at 35. When I create a VobSub subtitle for a 1280x720 video on the x64 system I have to set the font size to 55 or 60 to get a comparable display size as on the x32. Why is that?

When I first created a subtitle on the x64 machine using my old font sizes and added it to my video and then watched it on the flat screen I could hardly read it.

I could be wrong but I doubt the author made an internal change to the program just as I built my new system. As far as x32 vs x64 I thought the only difference was addressing memory. Again, I could be wrong.

Just curious why the difference, if anyone knows.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can you make screenshots of the VobSub export dialogs (where you set font, size etc.) on both systems? Is the font installed on both systems? Are you playing both output files on the very same PC/TV/media player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. sneaker,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    All my settings are the same on both systems and both systems have the same font.
    I now only use my x64 system to produce VobSub subtitles so I am adjusting to the new/different settings.
    I'm not that interested in investigating why the difference.
    I put the question out there just in case there was something obvious that I was missing.
    I am unaware of any setting in SubtitleEdit that would cause the need to double the font size from a x32 system to an x64 system.
    Thanks again for the response.
    Quote Quote