VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I watch most of my blu-rays on my PC but in powerdvd theres no option to capture a screen of the blu-ray menu and extras (I mean Powerdvd has an option to capture screens but its not abled when it comes to blu-ray menus), something I've always wanted to do. I've downloaded several programs to watch my blurays on my computer but none seem to have this option abled when it comes to blu-rays, though its quite easy to do with a normal DVD

is there a way to take a good screencapture of the extras of a blu-ray? which software would require?

thanks in advance for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sort of basic, but if you just need a static screen grab, PrtScn on your keyboard and open with MS Paint.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, but I tried that, the first thing actually, it doesnt work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hatteras View Post
    Hello

I watch most of my blu-rays on my PC but in powerdvd theres no option to capture a screen of the blu-ray menu and extras (I mean Powerdvd has an option to capture screens but its not abled when it comes to blu-ray menus), something I've always wanted to do. I've downloaded several programs to watch my blurays on my computer but none seem to have this option abled when it comes to blu-rays, though its quite easy to do with a normal DVD

is there a way to take a good screencapture of the extras of a blu-ray? which software would require?

thanks in advance for any help
    Licensed Blu-ray player software must use a protected path when playing a copy-protected disc to prevent anyone from copying the movie by making a screen capture

There is only one way that I know of to take a screenshot with PowerDVD while playing the original Blu-ray and that is to run a decrypter like DVDFab Passkey for Blu-ray or AnyDVD HD in the background while playing it.

Since it isn't licensed by the BDA, Leawo Blu-ray player might allow making screenshots, but I don't have it and can't guarantee that it will do what you want or even play your movie.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks, so it seems its quite complicated. Since its quite easy to do it with DVDs and I thought the same rules would apply to blu-rays I was suprised to read its actually a different scenario
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    CDs had no copy protection, and manufacturers hated that, so they put CP on DVDs. But consumers didn't have too hard of a time getting around that so when BD came out, they doubled down on the CP. Even moreso with UHDBD (4k).

Scott
    Quote Quote