VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,

I've watched the (YT) Mad Max Fury Road Black & Chrome trailer and am now wondering if that's a simple color to grayscale conversion

I'd like to recreate that with an Avisynth script. Any suggestions?
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Assuming your colour space is YCbCr then http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Limiter will do work Limiter(16, 235, 128, 128) - personally think that 'chrome' mean overexposure white with high contrast - you can use LUT to get more pleasant effect. (there is also possible to use overlay in multiply mode).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also there is too much different results from different film brand and their different products. Each results in different B&W result.

Berni
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check this, it is not just darker lighter, but in darkest bottom it doesn't mean, that sky are also darker. Most of them seems to be identical, but they are not.
    Here is link because size is over 2MB
    Unfortunately it is created in painting program, not in avisynth or any other video program. If you can somehow create batch it can be useful for you. And there is some video program that is using GMIC, but it is for linux I think.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess I'll stick with the Limiter solution for now
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Assuming your colour space is YCbCr then http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Limiter will do work Limiter(16, 235, 128, 128)
    Or simpler, GreyScale(). Or ColorYUV(cont_u=-256, cont_v=-256), Tweak(sat=0), etc.

Other manipulations with Levels(), Tweak(), ColorYUV(), RGBAdjust(), mt_lut(), etc. can be used to get exactly the look one wants (eg, crushed darks/brights, non linear transforms, etc.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for this !
    Quote Quote