VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm just wondering how to convert Blu-Ray source files to another format such as, preferably, MKV?

Thanks! <3
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could mux the .m2ts files together with mkvtoolnix GUI. MakeMKV is also free while in beta. The beta key is posted on their forums. MakeMKV you will just have to open the "index.bdmv" file from your Blu-ray folder and then it will just open it like it's a Blu-ray disc and output whatever video, audio or subtitle tracks you select.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by stonesfan99 View Post
    You could mux the .m2ts files together with mkvtoolnix GUI. MakeMKV is also free while in beta. The beta key is posted on their forums. MakeMKV you will just have to open the "index.bdmv" file from your Blu-ray folder and then it will just open it like it's a Blu-ray disc and output whatever video, audio or subtitle tracks you select.
    Judging by the sizes of the 10 m2ts files, only one seems to possess the actual movie. When I import that into MKVToolNix, I get the video, the audio, and the subtitles. I'm just multiplexing it right now. Let's see what happens! I was told by somebody else that MKVToolNix will only let me manipulate mkv files, and since these aren't mkv files...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Omg it worked! Wow. I had just assumed you would be able to do it with MKVToolNix and then other buddy obviously misinformed me about that :/
    Quote Quote