VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm currently using Subtitle Edit 3.5.5 and working on a TV show. I got lots of scenes with main characters and less important ones. Main characters have colors assigned to them (ex. Tom is blue and Chris is green) while less important ones remain white. When I add colors they display correctly, but when I save the file (using EBU STL format) and re-open it, only one color remains.

example

before re-opening

<font color="Green">- Hey man, how's it goin?. </font>
    <font color="Yellow">- Hey, long time no see! </font>

after re-opening

<font color="Green">- Hey man, how's it goin?.
    - Hey, long time no see! </font>

Anyone have any ideas? I'm in a pinch

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    in subtitle edit open it, then in files there is Ebu stl properties or something like this. It states here, color needs to teletext, which isn't choose by default, try both teletext option.
    Let me know if it helped you.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey Bernix,

I've tried already all of the options in EBU STL properties (0,1,2,unidentified) and sadly none of them solved my problem.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    another idea. Try different software, or contact author of Subtitle edit. From my experience he is really quick in answering question, add features, bug fixes and so.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey,

I've already contacted Nikolaj and waiting for any response. Except Subtitle Edit and FAB Subtitler I don't know about any other software that supports EBU STL subtitles, but if by any chance you know any (I've done some research before but no luck), then please let me know

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wiki says that aegisub should write only these format, so it is pointless. Hope developer answered you soon.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another idea, have you try Export instead of save as ? Probably there is some difference.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hey Bernix,

I've tried exporting and still no good. Problem dosen't exist for *.srt files... So it might be format specific issue.

Regards,
    Tom

ps. gonna wait till tomorrow for some response from the creator, after I'll look for some alternative which I'll hopefully find.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does the program generate that code ?

It does not look correct with text being encased in a font tag. The guides I read for the EBU format also require a prefix such as 'tt:color ='Green' ' but not part of the font tag.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Does the program generate that code ?

It does not look correct with text being encased in a font tag. The guides I read for the EBU format also require a prefix such as 'tt:color ='Green' ' but not part of the font tag.
    Hey,

yes, Subtitle Edit generates such tags when coloring.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
  11. A little update...

I've contacted with Nikolaj and issue have been resolved. Thank you everyone for help and input in this topic.

Regards,
    Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since the forum also exists for people coming later and having similar issues can you enlighten us in how the issue was resolved ?
    Quote Quote