VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am aware of the "yadif" deinterlacing filter but what about others? I'm asking this because in Handbrake, the "decomb" filter is set by default but I could not find anything related to "decomb" for ffmpeg so far. Does it exist for the ffmpeg distribution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. "Decomb" or "Yadif" results are almost similar, ffmpeg uses Yadif, I use it with a range of 0 to 3, and I'm more than satisfied for deinterlacing from camera acquisitions.
    In the most desperate cases to be paired with "hqdn3d", I do not recommend using "nlmeans" too slow and heavy, even if in some cases it does magic.
    « I Mediocri Imitano, I Geni Copiano, Dio Crea » (Io Perfeziono Il Loro Lavoro)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks @Malkovich, I'll keep using yadif then - I am impressed with it. I used it on a DVD last night and it came out looking great.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ProxyCell View Post
    Thanks @Malkovich, I'll keep using yadif then - I am impressed with it. I used it on a DVD last night and it came out looking great.
    « I Mediocri Imitano, I Geni Copiano, Dio Crea » (Io Perfeziono Il Loro Lavoro)
    Quote Quote