VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is that normal?
    I've Vsdc free, but, is normal he do not use all my cpu core?

Regrads MarcoImage
    [Attachment 44507 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Depends mostly on what format you are encoding to and the encoding program.
    When I encode H.264/MKV with my 8 core Ryzen, it runs at very close to 100% CPU on all cores using VidCoder.

Other members here may be able to give better information about your question.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It looks like you are encoding "raw video" with a frame size of1920x1080, at 30 frames per second. You are probably limited by the speed of your hard drive. The encoder can't encode faster than the drive can deliver frames. So it sits around most of the time doing nothing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To read uncompressed 1080p YV12 @29.97fps, requires ~745Mbit read speed or 93MBytes per second. So with your average encoding speed of 39.45, then that equals a read speed of around 122MBytes per second, which is around the max read speed of most HDDs without fragmentation. Might be worth it to start losslessly compressing with "HuffYUV" or the even faster "UtVideo" codec.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I would expect higher disk% usage with a storage I/O bottleneck . He is at 1% ? But writing at 39.45fps for "raw" 1920x1080... Where is it being written to ?

But there could be other issues, other bottlenecks . e.g. filters, processing, poorly threaded software
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's normal because you're using VSDC free version.
    VSDC only uses cpu if it's a Pro version (with hardware acceleration) if the resources of the PC allow it, of course.
    Quote Quote