VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I'm thinking about buying a blu-ray movie. That release (Survival of The Dead) is a region free release. I saw on one page that it's in NTSC.
    I have a PAL PS4 with a TV which can play on PAL, SECAM and NTSC (but only A/V for NTSC). So basically, will a NTSC blu-ray play on a PAL player/TV when it's region free?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forums on the PS4 seem to confirm that PAL/NTSC movie playback is not an issue for PS4, if the tv handles the corresponding frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Danne Smith View Post
    So basically, will a NTSC blu-ray play on a PAL player/TV when it's region free?
    Region free NTSC has been playable on PAL equipment for decades.....back to the VHS days.
    There is still no guarantee that the Blu Ray's description is false....but even that is a long shot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There appears to be several Blu Rays of that film.

The descriptions read Region/Zone A only, Region/Zone B only and Region/Zones A,B,C. So the last is not, technically, region-free but would play in a zone-locked Region/Zone B player

What does 'but only A/V for NTSC' mean in your description for the tv ? If it is an analogue only connection then that surely is for NTSC dvds and not Blu Ray which is purely digital format.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the answers.
    I'm not sure what "only A/V for NTSC" means. Most likely it's about an analog connection.

So I don't have to worry as long as it's a "region free" (or region B of course) release. Nice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't it be Audio/video shortcut? But it seems be redundant, what else can be NTSC
    Quote Quote