VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently recorded some testimonials and used a Iphone for the second camera. The Iphone was recording UHD video at 30fps. After we were done and backed up the files off of the phone, we found that we could not play any of the files that were approximately longer than 10 min. All applications said that the files were corrupted. Why would this be? They played fine on the iphone itself.

I tried opening the files in:
    Windows media player
    vlc player
    adobe premiere pro
    adobe media encoder
    adobe after effects
    handbrake
    movavi editor

Nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which model iPhone? iPhone 6s and later are be able to record in 4K 30 fps, but some of the 4K capable ones are able to record in HEVC (H.265): 7, 7s, 8, 8s, X (A10/A11 chip). Did you set the phone camera to capture in format High Efficiency (H.265) or Most Compatible (H.264)? The choice will only be available if both are supported.
    Perhaps not all of your software may be ready for H.265? Newer hardware (CPU/GPU) can also greatly assist in decoding H.265. How did you transfer the video files from the iPhone? Do you have iTunes installed? Are the files on a Windows pc? Transferred H.264 4K video recordings from my iPhone SE are in a MOV container, and play well in VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm interested in this topic. Luckily, i haven't encountered this issue, but I also don't record over 10 mins on my iphone.

Just a suggestion to avoid this issue, since you're only using iPhone as a second camera, I'm just assuming you're using the clips for b-roll footage for your video, shoot shorter clips, nothing over 3 mins on iphone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the OP can post a sample video from his phone here to the forum so we could take a look at it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the feedback. We transferred the clips off the phones using a computer running windows 10. We were able to browse through the phones memory and transfer the clips off the phone without issue. We were using 2 iphones, both of which had the same problem with longer video clips. Both phone are iphone: 6S.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a WAG, but how old is your computer? What processor(s), GPU, etc... please list your full specs...

Are you running Windows on a Mac, or is this a non-Mac PC?
    Quote Quote  
  7. that was probably some software issue, should have just checked out the latest window's update.
    writing an article about new features of windows phones bestadvisers.co.uk/windows-phones be the first one to check out
    Quote Quote