VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

I have DVD Shrinked a Bonus DVD full of extras and an extended finale of the final episode of a series. I have not compressed it just a straight rip. The problem is when I use Handbrake to separate the video titles of the ripped DVD so I can make an MKV for just the extended finale any title I extract is just the original final episode. I assume this is because of the IFO file tracking information when I load the VIDEO_TS directory into VLC Player and click the Extended episode when the extended scenes play the duration of play tracking bar changes from the duration to 0.00 played out of 0.00 and once the scene finishes it returns to normal tracking for example after extended scene finishes it returns to 26.13 played out of 55.43 video duration. I have downloaded IfoEdit and PgcEdit to see if I can work out which titles I have to burn and then will join them but have had no success. Any ideas thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. When I load up the VTS_01 IFO I assume this loads up the titles present in the VTS_01 VOB file? As you can see in the screenshot vts1.jpg there are two titles which are the same length of which one is the normal final episode and one is the extended final episode. When I load up VTS_02 IFO there are loads of 40 second to 2 minute tracks seen in screenshot vts2.jpg which will be the extended scenes I assume which intersect throughout the final episode and make it the extended episode. Is there an easy way of finding out in what order and what scenes and when is the VTS_01 track selecting VTS_02 tracks and replicating that into a video file?

[Attachment 44504 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 44505 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. First you should tick "Create a PGC VOB"

40 second to 2 minute tracks seen in screenshot vts2.jpg which will be the extended scenes I assume
    No. Or most likely not.

As I understand you have the choise of either playing a "Normal"episode or an extended.

I would expect those to be in your Titleset 1 (VTS_01)

As you cannot jump directly from one Titleset (VTS_01) to another (VTS_02) it's unlikly they are mixed.

Also note that instead of demuxing on PGC level you can demux on cell level if needed.
    Quote Quote