VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried demuxing and remuxing a blu-ray into MKV using eac3to. I output the RAW/PCM track as .FLAC and the DTS track as .DTS. Using both MediaInfo and AVInaptic I can't find a bitrate on the audio:

Did I do something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. For variable bitrate audio (this includes lossless compressions like FLAC and DTS-HD Ma) it is not trivial to measure bitrate. So this can be normal if the bitrates haven't been measured and tagged by the muxer (as e.g. mkvmerge does).

Does MediaInfo not show the bitrate of the DTS track? Is it DTS "core" or DTS-HD Ma? Because in your screenshot it shows the stream size. Bitrate would be if 8.6 Mbit/s if the data and my calculations are correct.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Does MediaInfo not show the bitrate of the DTS track? Is it DTS "core" or DTS-HD Ma? Because in your screenshot it shows the stream size. Bitrate would be if 8.6 Mbit/s if the data and my calculations are correct.
    I checked the blu-ray in eac3to command prompt and it says "DTS Master Audio".

Also I ran MediaInfo on the .flac track only instead of the mkv as a whole and I was able to obtain a bitrate for that.
    Last edited by collide; 24th Jan 2018 at 09:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by collide View Post
    If I run MediaInfo on the dts track it says "DTS (MA / CORE)" so i'm not sure.
    Then it is DTS-HD MA. (DTS-HD MA is always DTS core + HD MA extension.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, and the core has a very clear Constant bitrate, while the HD MA is variable (and usually not calculated/derived in MediaInfo).

Scott
    Quote Quote