VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So this happens to me sometimes (weirdest thing is I always record stuff the same way, it seems to be random wether this occurs or not):

Click image for larger version

Name:	pr2.png
Views:	238
Size:	454.3 KB
ID:	44482 Click image for larger version

Name:	pr.png
Views:	191
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	44483

These are individual frames from the same transition. These weird pink/greenish "lines" appear throughout the entire transition. They flicker for one frame, next frame they're gone. It's extremely annoying and I don't know what causes them to appear. Other fade-type transitions (like the ones which go from clip 1 to black to clip 2) also trigger them.

The clips themselves (.avi) are just fine when I watch them on any media player and if I don't put in the transition. The colors show up in both vegas' "preview" window and in the final .mp4 file, after rendering.

Please help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Disable GPU acceleration in the preferences and in the export settings . It's the #1 culprit for these sorts of problems in vegas

#2 most common is problematic types of compression . What type of AVI was it , what compression and settings were used ? Use mediainfo (view=>text), copy & paste the results back here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Woah that was quick, thanks! GPU acceleration was already disabled. Tried enabling it and disabling it again. Nothing changed... Here's the file's mediainfo report. As I said, I always record using the same software and settings. Sometimes the problem doesn't show up after rendering (even though it was clearly visible in the preview window) and sometimes it just does not exist at all.

General
    Complete name : F:\Action!\superflight 24-01-2018 0-04-38.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 6.51 GiB
    Duration : 8 min 35 s
    Overall bit rate : 108 Mb/s

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : FICV
    Codec ID : FICV
    Bit rate : 107 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.859
    Stream size : 6.42 GiB (99%)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : PCM
    Format settings : Little / Signed
    Codec ID : 1
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 94.4 MiB (1%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 10 ms (0.60 video frame)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think it's just a bad codec combination for vegas . Other users have report the same flicker line artifacts, similar screenshots to yours even without transitions or effects when using mirillis action

I would consider recording using something else . If you want to salvage your existing footage to edit, you can convert to an editable format first . The FICV decoder has made it into open source software like ffmpeg now
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks but... Ugh, I really like Action... Is there any version of Vegas that's known for being more compatible with it? It's just so easy to use and its results are just perfect for what I do
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by andrufb View Post
    Thanks but... Ugh, I really like Action... Is there any version of Vegas that's known for being more compatible with it? It's just so easy to use and its results are just perfect for what I do
    I don't know, I don't use Action, but a few people posted on various forums with the same problem, similar screenshots, similar pattern of defect . Way to many similarities to be a coincidence.

The other possibility is some hardware issue like bad memory, or possibly overclocking (try resetting to stock if you are OC'ed). But this is a stretch, way too many similarities

The "randomness" is what would kill me and make me pulll my hair out. It occurs sometimes, sometimes with transitions ... Do you have to go frame by frame through everything, everytime ?
    Quote Quote