VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm a NB for Staxrip, which have tried to encode Vob to mkv with Nvenc (Nvidia 1050).
    There is no problem at all using AviSynth with non unicode vob file name. All most my vob files are unicode (vietnamese), there for I had tried to use with VapoueSynth which is support unicode.
    After install VapourSynth (R41) & Python3.6.4, start encode and alway got this error ?
    Exception (1.7.0.0)

AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open VapourSynth script:

F:\test\Thu Quyến Rũ_01..._temp\Thu Quyến Rũ_01 - Nguyễn Hồng Nhung - Khóc Một Dòng Sông_source.vpy

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the VapourSynth x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling VapourSynth x64 might fix the problem.

System.Exception: AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open VapourSynth script:

F:\test\Thu Quyến Rũ_01..._temp\Thu Quyến Rũ_01 - Nguyễn Hồng Nhung - Khóc Một Dòng Sông_source.vpy

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the VapourSynth x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling VapourSynth x64 might fix the problem.
    at StaxRip.AVIFile..ctor(String path) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\AVIFile.vb:line 50
    at StaxRip.VideoScript.Synchronize(Boolean convertToRGB, Boolean comparePath) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:l ine 202
    at StaxRip.VideoScript.GetFrames() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:l ine 410
    at StaxRip.GlobalClass.IsValidSource(Boolean warn) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\GlobalClass.vb:l ine 637
    at StaxRip.MainForm.AviSynthListView_ScriptChanged() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 5250
    at StaxRip.FiltersListView.OnChanged() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Controls\FiltersListView .vb:line 217
    at StaxRip.FiltersListView._Lambda$__14-0(VideoScript script) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Controls\FiltersListView .vb:line 29
    at StaxRip.VideoScript.RaiseChanged() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:l ine 22
    at StaxRip.VideoScript.SetFilter(Int32 index, VideoFilter filter) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:l ine 90
    at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable` 1 files, Boolean isEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 2064

First I just wonder did I install VapoourSynt correctly ? pls help
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. As it says,
    get VirtualDub FilterMode 64bit (portable, no installation needed) , start Veedub64.exe and drop your Vaporsynth script on it. I'd start with that. If it does not work, your set up is not correct. You can also post that script here, to check if it is correct.

Also you can get Vapoursynth Editor (VSEditor) for Vapoursynth script evaluation, load script, then Script/ Check Script or Script/ Preview.

Or you can try to create your own Vaporsynth script, just loading line, if there are some filters in original script, to make it simple, to make sure Vapoursynth is working.
    I'd rather install Python first, then Vapoursynth, because Vapoursynth depends on Python, not the other way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually I installed Python first then Vapoursynth 2nd.
    Just a dump question, is it Vapoursynth scrip "F:\test\Thu Quyến Rũ_01..._temp\Thu Quyến Rũ_01 - Nguyễn Hồng Nhung - Khóc Một Dòng Sông_source.vpy" ? so if not where is the scrip ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes, vpy is extension for vapoursynth script,
    for the quick look what the lines are, you can also open it with notepad
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    yes, vpy is extension for vapoursynth script,
    for the quick look what the lines are, you can also open it with notepad
    Thanks for your help, based on your guidance, I found out something wrong on installed Python & VapourSynth.
    Uninstall/Re-install, now I can encode the video , but always have this popup error on DGIndex "Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! exiting", just click OK and it still running fine.
    So how I can fix this error on StaxRip ?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Staxrip author might not notice this thread, but you might post that error in the other thread dedicated to Staxrip: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369913-StaxRip-support-thread, but as long as it works ...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for all your help. I found out the problem. Instead of Source = Auto, I selected Source = LWLibaviSource.
    Quote Quote