VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I'm new to digital video, and I'd like to create what I hope is a fairly simple video of an iPad game.

I've created a Google spreadsheet as a special tool for use with a certain iPad game, so I want the video to cut back and forth between the game on my iPad screen and the tool on my PC screen. I also would like to put myself (head and shoulders) in the lower right of the video, and remain there as the video cuts back and forth between the two sources. As far as audio, I'll want to include my voice, background music from mp3 or other source, and audio from the iPad.

None of this needs to be super-professional, but I would like to include basic cutaway effects (like dissolve), and avoid lag or choppy video. So this might mean a higher quality pc camera/mic (or even a wearable mic), as well as software a bit more upscale than iMovie. Can anyone give me some good suggestions as far as hardware/software?

Also - I'm assuming the way this is generally done at the amateur level is that the cuts/dissolves are done in production software *while* recording, rather than in editing software *after* recording - is that correct?

Thanks much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Xophe View Post
    Hello, I'm new to digital video, and I'd like to create what I hope is a fairly simple video of an iPad game.

I've created a Google spreadsheet as a special tool for use with a certain iPad game, so I want the video to cut back and forth between the game on my iPad screen and the tool on my PC screen. I also would like to put myself (head and shoulders) in the lower right of the video, and remain there as the video cuts back and forth between the two sources. As far as audio, I'll want to include my voice, background music from mp3 or other source, and audio from the iPad.

None of this needs to be super-professional, but I would like to include basic cutaway effects (like dissolve), and avoid lag or choppy video. So this might mean a higher quality pc camera/mic (or even a wearable mic), as well as software a bit more upscale than iMovie. Can anyone give me some good suggestions as far as hardware/software?

Also - I'm assuming the way this is generally done at the amateur level is that the cuts/dissolves are done in production software *while* recording, rather than in editing software *after* recording - is that correct?

Thanks much!

Usually after in a NLE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-linear_editing_system like Sony Vegas

I don't know anything about ipad but vegas would allow you to put yourself in the lower right of the video, and remain there as the video cuts back and forth between the two sources. And would mix in your audios too, assuming the files you create are compatible with vegas. Learn more about vegas https://www.moviestudiozen.com/

There are lots of others including https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere.html but i only have experience of vegas

I want the video to cut back and forth between the game on my iPad screen and the tool on my PC screen
    You could record each separately and then edit the footage as needed. Or have a camera focused on each screen and then edit as needed
    Last edited by David Banner; 23rd Jan 2018 at 17:44.
    Quote Quote