VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 3d sbs MKV H265 video. I need to convert it to 3d sbs mkv H264. I need to convert the H265 to H264 while preserving the existing 3d sbs part of the video. Does anyone know a software that can do this?

I tried using PAVtube video converter, but it doesn't know the original video is 3d and ends up adding SBS twice when I use the MKV 3d sbs profile.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Shouldn't be too difficult. E.g. encode in HandBrake with custom x264 parameter "frame-packing=3". Then afterwards add 3D flag with MkvToolNix GUI's Header Editor (video track->stereo mode, set to "1" and save)

Should be similar with other software like MeGUI except they want format like: --frame-packing 3
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Shouldn't be too difficult. E.g. encode in HandBrake with custom x264 parameter "frame-packing=3". Then afterwards add 3D flag with MkvToolNix GUI's Header Editor (video track->stereo mode, set to "1" and save)

Should be similar with other software like MeGUI except they want format like: --frame-packing 3
    In handbrake, do I add the customer parameter by putting 'frame-packing=3' under extra options in the video tab? I'm not quite sure how to add a custom parameter.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know where I can learn more about the setting frame-packing=3 ? I wonder if there is a list of these custom parameters for 3d movies anywhere?
    Quote Quote  
  5. x264/H.264:
    Code:
          --frame-packing <integer> For stereoscopic videos define frame arrangement
                                      - 0: checkerboard - pixels are alternatively from L and R
                                      - 1: column alternation - L and R are interlaced by column
                                      - 2: row alternation - L and R are interlaced by row
                                      - 3: side by side - L is on the left, R on the right
                                      - 4: top bottom - L is on top, R on bottom
                                      - 5: frame alternation - one view per frame
                                      - 6: mono - 2D frame without any frame packing
                                      - 7: tile format - L is on top-left, R split across
    For MKV: https://matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html#StereoMode
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote