Quote Quote  
  2. Hi,

Is it possible to add DTS Core muxing from DTS HD-MA/DTS like this:
    Extract DTS Core
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.mkv -strict experimental -bsf:a dca_core movie.dts
    Combine extracted DTS core with original video into new MP4 file
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.mkv -i movie.dts -c:v copy -c:a copy -strict experimental -map 0:v:0 -map 1:a:0 movie.mp4
    DTS Core in MP4 supported by many TVs. Would be nice to have.

And also can you add encoding to EAC3. EAC3 has larger bitrates 1640 would be nice and also supported by PCs, TVs and Consoles.

Encode to eac3 1640kbps
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i movie.mkv -strict experimental -c:v copy -c:a eac3 -b:a 1640k movie.mp4
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Would be nice if it could have the chance to select Constant Framerate or Variable Framerate, I just tried to encode a MKV file to make it Web Optimized MP4 and it was CFR on the MKV it was changed to Variable on the output MP4, not ideal.
    Thanks for all the hard work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Extract from the FFMPEG page:

8.1 aac
    Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) encoder.

This encoder is the default AAC encoder, natively implemented into FFmpeg. Its quality is on par or better than libfdk_aac at the default bitrate of 128kbps. This encoder also implements more options, profiles and samplerates than other encoders (with only the AAC-HE profile pending to be implemented) so this encoder has become the default and is the recommended choice.

8.1.1 Options
    b
    Set bit rate in bits/s. Setting this automatically activates constant bit rate (CBR) mode. If this option is unspecified it is set to 128kbps.
    BOX4 uses the 'b' option, thus CBR. The program you use, or the fact it's in an MP4 may be showing you something different to what it is. Maybe other users can help with that. Lastly, BOX4 v2 is depreciated, finished.
    Quote Quote  
  5. brokk asked about variable framerate, not variable bitrate.

To detect wether or not an mkv uses variable or constant framerate you'd have to parse it whole and even then often account for some jitter. I don't think ffmpeg does that. Do you actually have any problems with the output files (i.e. a player doesn't play the file or it becomes out-of-sync)?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    brokk asked about variable framerate, not variable bitrate.
    Oh my..... you're right, thank you, I apologise. I'm sat in the sun enjoying far too many beers, I must refrain from answering forum posts in this state
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks so much for making this, I use it on all my videos for normalizing volume. In v3 will we be able to add more than 24 videos or whatever the current limit is in v2?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, v3, which seems very stable, no reported bugs/crashes, allows up to 99 videos in a single session.
    Quote Quote  
  9. sounds amazing, can't wait to give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    Yes, v3, which seems very stable, no reported bugs/crashes, allows up to 99 videos in a single session.
    Thank you for this new version BOX4 V3, it's great.
    It'll have ina few days a portable version?
    Quote Quote  
  11. In fact, I have the portable version of BOX4 V2.
    Quote Quote  
  12. BOX4 doesn't use any registry or system files, so yes, you can just 'zip/rar' up the folder and put it anywhere.
    But Wolffy, change to v3.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    BOX4 doesn't use any registry or system files, so yes, you can just 'zip/rar' up the folder and put it anywhere.
    But Wolffy, change to v3.
    Sure. Now, I'm using BOX4 v3 stable version. I've made it portable with win 10 App iexpress, but it doesn't suit me, so I'm gonna try with VMWare.ThinApp.v4.7.3.891762 Unless you make a good portable version.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I don't know what iexpress/VMWare/ThinApp are. Maybe you don't need it. Really, install BOX4 and just ZIP it up and put it anywhere, it should work fine. (excluding first run settings)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    I don't know what iexpress/VMWare/ThinApp are. Maybe you don't need it. Really, install BOX4 and just ZIP it up and put it anywhere, it should work fine. (excluding first run settings)
    Yes, I know, it works fine just ZIPpin' it in Downloads folder. But I hope that the portable version could works better.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    Yes, I know, it works fine just ZIPpin' it in Downloads folder. But I hope that the portable version could works better.
    I can do a portable version but it will be no different to you doing it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post
    It will be great.
    I'll wait for your portable version, then.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Anonymous10; 8th Oct 2018 at 11:17.
    Quote Quote  
  18. After having tried different methods to make it portable, the best way I've found is with Winrar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m5esQJ0cBU
    Last edited by Anonymous10; 9th Oct 2018 at 07:29.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Testing V3

I suppose it will be a problem of mine, but the v2 version is much faster than the new v3.
    It's normal? Why V2 is so fast?

Test made with the same file .mkv (Bdrip 1080p 4.55 GB)

V2

V3

Quote Quote  
  20. ¿No answers? Ok, well then. I'll continue with version v2... Although I admit that new version is more practical and beautiful.
    Quote Quote  
  21. All settings are exactly the same, especially normalization and audio encoding settings?

P.S.: Don't use external image hosters. You can upload images and other attachments directly to the forum.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    All settings are exactly the same, especially normalization and audio encoding settings?

P.S.: Don't use external image hosters. You can upload images and other attachments directly to the forum.
    Yeah, of course, all settings are exactly the same

MKV to MP4: Video track (direct copy) and audio AAC bitrate 128 K.

I do not remember where I got my portable version V2, probably it ain't @video.baba's version,
    but trust me, it's ultra fast.
    Last edited by Anonymous10; 10th Oct 2018 at 12:36.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Last edited by Anonymous10; 10th Oct 2018 at 07:16.
    Quote Quote  
  24. You can't determine how long the process will take by the E.T.A display. E.T.A is exactly what it says: ESTIMATED Time of Arrival and you can not, as in most programs, do it at the start (0%) of the process as in your screen shots. It takes a little time to settle down.

The commands, and the process, being sent to FFMPEG are the same between v2 and v3. Excluding the possibility of some crazy oversight on my part, they should both take similar times - with all settings being the same of course. You should time it with an external device.

Also, can you please think a little more about uploading 'portable' versions of BOX4. If for some reason there's something wrong with them then I'm the one who gets all the flak.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Sorry, I just wanted to help. I can cancell portable version link if you want.
    I love this software so much. Anyway even at 10% as you can see V2 is faster.
    I was just trying to help, if it bothers you I'll stop doing it, I will not comment any more.

Test File: Mkv: Mayans M.C. HD S01E06 HD 1080p. (1,47 GB)

V2

[Attachment 46875 - Click to enlarge]

V3
    [Attachment 46876 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Anonymous10; 10th Oct 2018 at 08:03.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I can't do much testing now but I just did a quick test with two different files between v2 and v3.
    In my quick test v3, which changed to WPF and an updated FFMPEG, with no audio filters, was much faster:

Movie Length: 02H 08M
    Time Taken:
    v2: 4:17
    v3: 2:14

Movie Length: 50M 54S
    Time Taken:
    v2: 1:16
    v3: 0:45
    Quote Quote  
  27. As a side note, I've noticed from your screen shots you seem to have some default windows fonts missing. What Windows are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    As a side note, I've noticed from your screen shots you seem to have some default windows fonts missing. What Windows are you using?
    Win 10 Pro 64 bits.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    Originally Posted by Wolffy View Post

@video.baba: ¿will you make a portable version?
    I want to confront it with mine V2 portable version and see as you say that V3 version is faster than mine.
    Quote Quote  
  30. In BOX4 v2, the E.T.A was based on frames, taking the current frame number, and total frame count. However, this was not always accurate. A lot of times, FFPROBE doesn't specify the total frames thus a calculation had to be made using the movie duration, and frames per second. Although better than nothing was not accurate.

In BOX4 v3, the actual current and total duration is used, which is always specified, thus, a more accurate E.T.A.

So simple answer is BOX4 v2 E.T.A is unreliable, v3 is correct, which is why I said you need to time with an external watch/clock/phone to know the differences in speed between v2 and v3.

I hope that makes sense.

The next beta will allow you to log what is happening and save a text/log file so you can check settings and timings.
    Quote Quote