VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there any source filters that support x265?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you have an nvidia card ...
    http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/dgdecnv.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. ...
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 21st Jan 2018 at 04:05.
    Quote Quote  
  4. When I try to save a project file of a x265 MKV in DGDecodeNV I get this message: GPU Decoder: HEVC not supported on this device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've got a GT 520. The table says it supports 4K UHD video decoding which uses HEVC so I assume it support HEVC decoding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Marsia Mariner
    IF decoding speed is not a concern, then why not use FFVideoSource() or LAV Filters + DirectShowSource()

P.S.: x265 is not the same as H.265 or HEVC.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I've got a GT 520. The table says it supports 4K UHD video decoding which uses HEVC so I assume it support HEVC decoding.
    No, it says it supports 4K UHD h.264 (AVC) decoding, not h.265 (HEVC) decoding. 4K UHD indicates to frame size, not codec.
    Last edited by jagabo; 21st Jan 2018 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Are there any source filters that support x265?
    FFMSIndex and L-Smash Works can decode HEVC but it's CPU software driven. If my memory is correct I believe FFMSindex is much faster at decoding than the other.
    Quote Quote  
  9. That would be surprising as both are based on ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    That would be surprising as both are based on ffmpeg.
    I just remember a few years back one of them being quite a bit faster with decoding 4k x265 content. Maybe there was some multi-threading happening on one over the other or something else. Has not been tested recently.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I would recommend L-SMASH Works or FFMS2 as well; but to have an alternative in case of problems:

Originally Posted by Marsia Mariner View Post
    LAV Filters + DirectShowSource()
    There is also DSS2mod from the Xvid4PSP project archive (or ge.tt mirror) which is able to use a copy of LAV Filters directly, without the often unreliable building of a whole DirectShow filter chain (unreliable in the meaning that it may contain surprising and unwanted filters which may ruin the quality, depending on which filters ever got installed in your system before).

The here attached small archive contains
    See the README, chapter 10, about additional files: Put a matching VSFilter.dll next to the avss*.dll you are going to use (may or may not be your AviSynth plugins directory anyway), and a subdirectory "LAVFilters" containing *.ax files of a supported version. I did not check if most current LAV Filters are still compatible. If you want to link to existing directories of system installed LAV Filters and VSFilter.dll instead of copying files to your AviSynth plugins, use the "lavf_path" and "dvs_path" parameters.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Test/demo of decoding HEVC, 10bit, YUV 4:2:0 (some trial and error was needed).
    AviSynth+ required.
    Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource(<path>, stacked=true, format="YUV420P10")
    ConvertFromStacked(bits=10)
    ConvertBits(8, dither=0) ## '0' means on, '-1' means off
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible to use LAV Filters in avisynth video deocding? As that should off load decoding to the GPU. I tried googling that awhile back with other people saying it won't work.
    Last edited by KarMa; 21st Jan 2018 at 20:20. Reason: Grammer
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Is possible to use LAV Filters in avisynth video deocding? As that should off load decoding to the GPU. I tried googling that awhile back with other people saying it won't work.
    Yes you can

(But not GPU offloading for the OP in this specific case with HEVC and a GT520)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Marsia Mariner
    @KarMa:

just make sure LAV Video is configured to use hardware-decoding while Avisynth uses the .GRF file.
    Assuming there exists an HEVC decoder in the GPU, of course.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LAV-Video-properties.png
Views:	345
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	44466  

Quote Quote