VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

I'm 100% new to trying any of this and all my current knowledge is googling the last two days so I don't have much experience in what I'm doing here.

I'm trying to take video off a retail DVD so that I can reorder certain things. I initially used Handbrake and libdvdcss to rip the DVD onto my hard drive. Then was going to use DVD Flick to burn that video onto a blank DVD. When I tried to do that, DVD wouldn't recognize the mp4 Handbrake had ripped and I was unable to add it to the DVD Flick program.

So then I tried MakeMKV to create a MKV file of the same video. This time, DVD Flick recognized the file and I began the create dvd process. After a few minutes though, I received the error "-1encodeVideo: File was not encoded". It's very vague and since I'm googling all my answers I can't find exactly what I've done wrong.

Any help with this process, even if it involves using different programs (willing to pay if it's a real professional product) to take video off DVDs and put them on blank ones would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In order to rip a commercial disc that you own to make a backup but reorder the content you first need to decrypt the disc to your hard drive using a variety of available programs. Like DVDFab or DVD Decrypter, very old and may not work with modern encryption used on DVD's or DVD Shrink equally old. Look up decrypting DVD's.
    Last edited by netmask56; 19th Jan 2018 at 22:12. Reason: duplication
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote