VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum and hope I'm in the right one.

I've been using Ezcap284 to capture free-to-air programme on my LCD TV. Recently, my Ezcap284 capture device is unable to record the TV programme as per usual as when I turn 'On' my Ezcap device, the device blue light just remain on without changing to green to show that the device is ready to record. When I tried to connect the device to my laptop, the laptop failed to recognise the USB port of my Ezcap device.

I also tried upgrading the firmware as guided by Ezcap support page from Ezcap official website but the light on my Ezcap just remain blue and did not turn flashing red to indicate the firmware is successfully upgraded. I tried all the firmware as given by the Ezcap support page but the device light still remains blue when power on without immediately change to blinking red to show that the firmware is being upgraded.

Anyone ever encountered the same problem and able to rectify the fault?

Any help to make the Ezcap284 functioning again is very much appreciated.

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You could get an ATSC DVR if you are recording from the antenna (OTA) or an FTA satellite DVR if you are recording from satellite (FTA), They are pretty cheap now since a lot of people are turning into streaming and all those devices are put on ebay for cheap. Also the quality will be one to one compared to what you are doing now converting from digital to analog and then from analog to digital.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 19th Jan 2018 at 16:09.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

thank you for your suggestion. Will purchase the device and use it.

Best regards,
    Quote Quote