VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was forced to purchase this program so I could get rid of the QR Codes on my videos that I actually owned. But I still cannot remove the code. This really sucks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well do enlighten us with the details of this program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program is Video DownloadHelper
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think it is videodownloadhelper problem. I think it is site you are downloading from feature. If you downloaded mp4 I never noticed it, and if this occur, there are plenty GUI that can download from many sites.
    Actually I noticed this code once, but it has not mp4 download for this particular video. On every others this sw works perfect.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Bernix, well I have 5 videos from CD's that I purchased, and they now have the QR Code embedded on them. They were not downloaded from the Internet.

Regardless, Video Downloadhelper said to remove the QR Code I needed to purchase a registration key which I have done, but the QR Codes are still in the videos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by denlme View Post
    Hi Bernix, well I have 5 videos from CD's that I purchased, and they now have the QR Code embedded on them. They were not downloaded from the Internet.

Regardless, Video Downloadhelper said to remove the QR Code I needed to purchase a registration key which I have done, but the QR Codes are still in the videos.
    So you converted these videos AFTER purchasing the licence or before ?

Videos converted before will still have the code embedded. No licence can magically remove them. But if you re-convert after acquiring the licence.......
    Quote Quote  
  7. After downloading, use a different converter. One that is free.
    For example, if you're converting to mp4 then try VidCoder or Handbrake.
    There's numerous others. Try searching VideoHelp for alternatives.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I understand you properly, you bought cd with videos they have this code mark on it. And you somewhere read videodownloadhelper can remove this code. But probably it is related to code created by this software only, but as Hecht shows the link, is not possible. It is hardcoded watermark that is part of video, so impossible to remove it.
    That is how I understand your problem.
    I only encountered this conversion problem once, so videodownloadhelper needn't it in huge majority of cases. As I said, only at some pages, where usually are mp4 links offered, but at some are only few (about 3) offered. I mean particular page and this is very rare there.
    In that case using one of GUI, that uses well known cli program, so i decided for TVdownloader one among many others GUIs for this cli software.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What i understand from the op is that he bought the cd's and converted them with downloadhelper to use them on the web i guess?
    These video's do have a watermark and he want's to get rit of that.

like DB83 already said the watermark can't be removed but he can re-convert them with a licensed version of downloadhelper.

I think it would be much simpler to use a (free) converter like mike20021969 said. For this purpose you don't need video download helper, it is meant to download video's through a browser
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jan and Mike, I just installed VidCoder and converted one of the videos, but the QR Code is still embedded.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you use the original cd as source?

Like said before the video's that already are converted with video download helper before you bought the license wil have a watermark.
    You need to use the original source from the cd and convert with vidcoder.

If there is still a watermark in it, i am lost, because that couldn't be possible
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is one possibility which has already been discussed but its well worth mentioning again.

So you bought some dvd's that contained videos with that watermark ie QR Code on them. You bought that program thinking you could remove the watermark/QR Code. Bottom line is you can not.

But, again, if there was no watermark on the original videos there should be no watermark when you convert them again. You can not simply run the program and expect the QR Code to magically disappear.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The covert routine in VDH is optional isn't it? Why not re-download the videos and convert them yourself using something else?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Jan, I have found all the original videos and deleted all the ones with the QR Code on them. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Quote Quote