VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I used to be able to merge files with MKVToolNix flawlessly, until upgrading to version 20 ("I am the sun." If I am overlooking something, can someone please correct the steps I use below. I use the x64 bit version.

1. Drag & drop first file into "Source files" panel.
    2. Drag and drop second file into "Source files" panel -> in pop up menu, select "Append to an existing source file" -> OK.
    3. Click on "Start multiplexing."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe drag and drop your first video into the program and right click on that track, which should give you the option to append it with more files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is a setting on whether mkvtoolnix will always ask if you want to append or just add. (But you can always append like KarMa explained.)

[Attachment 44430 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oops! Sorry. I forgot to read the error in "Job output" that appears after attempting to mux, which states: "The AAC profiles are different: 1 and 0." I'll try and recode the segment I want to append.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oh boy... MediaInfo reports the two files are identical. Since the previous version of MKVToolNix was able to merge these same files (as does AVIDemux), I must conclude that the new version is unstable. I'll go back to the old version.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There were no changes to AAC handling between 19 and 20 from what I can see. Are you sure it's a regression? Then please post the files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Evidently I am overlooking something. Here is the test I ran:

1. I split a video clip. No errors were flagged.
    2. I then merged the same two parts of the clip. Now MKVToolNix flashed that 14 errors were present with two warnings (see attached).

I repeated the same test with a couple of other MP4 clips with different audio, and the same number of warnings and "errors" are flagged.

Since the merge worked and the re-joined file plays perfectly fine, I'm happy. But I'm curious if all the video clips I used are defective, or is v20 more precise about file specifications?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Merge.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	44443  

Quote Quote  
  8. 1. Upload the file
    2. Show the error/warning messages
    3. Does this really not happen with version 19 and the very same file?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I do not recall experiencing the described problem before. Attached are two files that I cut from a 1927 movie, MP4 with AAC audio track in an MKV container. I firstly recoded the movie with XMediaRecode, so both clips should be identical. Try merging them, using version 20 of MKVToolNix, and see if you also get "44 warnings and 15 errors" flashing at bottom of the GUI. I eagerly look forward to your assessment.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. I don't get any warnings/errors at all when appending your 2 files using mkvtoolnix 20. Are the 44 warnings and 15 errors from older jobs and you didn't clear the messages?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oy vey! I thought closing the app cleared up the notifications. I see that I have been remiss in becoming better acquainted with the app. I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind patience. All is well.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm still using version 10 of the GUI because newer flavours don't run on XP, but there's an option in Preferences under "Jobs and Job Queue" to reset warnings when you close the GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Yes, I found it, and problem solved. Thanks.
    Quote Quote