VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a laserdisc player but it is very cheap, even with it being so cheap it still looks better than DVD.My player does have decent quality, better than DVD(they just can't do dark scenes but the video from the laserdisc does darks very good. I was hoping to find someone with a good player like a Pioneer HLD-X0. And hopefully I can work something out with this person to have them capture my two movies onto a hard drive that I supply uncompressed. One of the movies has digital audio, I have not been able to get analog audio from it -therefore I can't capture it.
    I want so bad to have the perfect conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BirdDaddie View Post
    I have a laserdisc player but it is very cheap, even with it being so cheap it still looks better than DVD.My player does have decent quality, better than DVD(they just can't do dark scenes but the video from the laserdisc does darks very good. I was hoping to find someone with a good player like a Pioneer HLD-X0. And hopefully I can work something out with this person to have them capture my two movies onto a hard drive that I supply uncompressed. One of the movies has digital audio, I have not been able to get analog audio from it -therefore I can't capture it.
    I want so bad to have the perfect conversion.
    Just out of curiosity, Are those movies never made it to blu-ray, My thinking is it could be cheaper to buy them used on a blu-ray discs than paying someone to capture your LD's. Add to all that the shipping fees involved and the risque of getting you LD's damaged.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, Are those movies never made it to blu-ray, My thinking is it could be cheaper to buy them used on a blu-ray discs than paying someone to capture your LD's. Add to all that the shipping fees involved and the risque of getting you LD's damaged.
    Many/most LDs have versions not available in any other format.
    LD collectors don't just want "any copy of the movie", but the specific one available on the LD.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect owners of an HLD-X0 or any of the other Holy Grail LD players are in a pretty elite club that doesn't want to acknowledge their existence. After all, these players are on a limited lifespan as they're all over 20 years old with limited repair support.

Also, FWIW, seeing as I'm only one to post to your LD transfer service thread and literally couldn't give away my LD collection and LD-W1 last year (ended up donating it to a thrift store), the number of (vocal) LD enthusiasts on this site is fairly small.

Still, good luck on your quest!
    Quote Quote