VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having audio syncing issues when converting an mkv file to mpeg 2 using AVStoDVD.

I have checked the necessary options and preferences not to add an audio delay however my result still has an audio delay.

Source mkv file - https://mega.nz/#!1c11gDSA!Jzfz6WodWuWlBphAtR5nyOf9TCcc9DVo8c2_Rj3MR4A
    Mpeg2 encode - https://mega.nz/#!1F1GAYQZ!NtPNl-FOfpSc2teVqcLIoJKc6xBoj5SpWkTI4v4uvAk
    Log file - see below.

According to the mpeg2 encode, the first 3 seconds are dramatically faster than the first 3 seconds of the source file.

I can't understand why there is a delay in audio. I've tried several things to resolve the issue - perhaps you can take a look and advise me how to resolve this issue please?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could be some "bad" DirectShow filters loading. Go settings->AviSynth and select "ffmpegsource" for both video and audio source filters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree with sneaker's guess. You can follow his suggestion, or you can take a look at Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5 to fix the Windows Directshow filters default setup.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    I agree with sneaker's guess. You can follow his suggestion, or you can take a look at Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5 to fix the Windows Directshow filters default setup.

Bye
    @sneaker - thanks for the recommendation. I did a test encode and it appears to have resolved the issue.

@MrC - Thanks for pointing that out. I realised I didn't have the LAV filters set to default but I've changed that now. I will do some test encodes to see how things turn out.
    Last edited by Imy; 15th Jan 2018 at 09:01.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with sneaker's guess. You can follow his suggestion, or you can take a look at Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5 to fix the Windows Directshow filters default setup.

Bye
    Hi Mr C,

The problem is resolved. I'm now getting encodes with perfect syncing. Thank you.

On a side note I have another question. I'm trying to join 2 titles using the 'Join Source Titles (AVS File)' option. This works if the files have the same parameters however I have 2 MKV files with different resolutions 1080p and 720p. If it's possible to overcome this please can you give me some code for an AVS file to overcome this problem?

As a workaround I'm using ConvertxtoDVD which handles the scenario well however I would prefer to use AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Imy

nice to read you have fixed About joining source titles with different properties, you can try following steps, that require some AviSynth coding. Assuming you have 2 titles with following AviSynth scripts:

Code:
    Import("D:\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    and

Code:

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    you can start a new project, add Title 1, then go to Edit Title > AviSynth, toggle off Auto AviSynth Script and change the text script:

Code:

V1 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    A1 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

V1 = V1.ConvertToYV12()
    V1 = V1.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

A1 = A1.SSRC(48000)

V2 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    A2 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

V2 = V2.ConvertToYV12()
    V2 = V2.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

A2 = A2.SSRC(48000)

Video = V1+V2
    Audio = A1+A2

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    The assembly of V1+V2 and A1+A2 must be done just before the AudioDub command, and after all V1, V2, A1, A2 editing.

Press OK and run the project. Take note that the output file calculation routine will always consider only Title 1, so the final output size will be larger than the estimated output size.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Small note: there's a difference between appending using "+" and "++". Often you want "++".
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Splice
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Imy

nice to read you have fixed About joining source titles with different properties, you can try following steps, that require some AviSynth coding. Assuming you have 2 titles with following AviSynth scripts:

Code:

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    and

Code:

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    you can start a new project, add Title 1, then go to Edit Title > AviSynth, toggle off Auto AviSynth Script and change the text script:

Code:

V1 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    A1 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title1.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

V1 = V1.ConvertToYV12()
    V1 = V1.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

A1 = A1.SSRC(48000)

V2 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp", FrameRate=25)
    A2 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Movies\Title2.avi", CacheFolder="D:\Movies\Temp")

V2 = V2.ConvertToYV12()
    V2 = V2.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

A2 = A2.SSRC(48000)

Video = V1+V2
    Audio = A1+A2

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    The assembly of V1+V2 and A1+A2 must be done just before the AudioDub command, and after all V1, V2, A1, A2 editing.

Press OK and run the project. Take note that the output file calculation routine will always consider only Title 1, so the final output size will be larger than the estimated output size.

Bye
    Thanks MrC. I'll try that. I have a further few questions if that is ok.

1. Does AvstoDVD support DVD menus with chapter pages?

2. I'm trying to downscale an NTSC 1080i source to 480p (NTSC DVD). What is the most appropriate downsize filter I should use to prevent jagged lines? Is there calculation that helps decide?

3. To de-interlace my source I uncheck the 'auto avisynth' > Enhance > De-Interlace(10). My source is a concert performance with vew few fast moving scenes. Can you advise what the best number would be to use please?
    Quote Quote  
  9. @Imy

my suggestion is to keep the output interlaced, i.e. 480i. Let the modern TV/monitor hardware to do the conversion job, if needed. If you want to force de-interlacing, then you have to run your own testing to discover which are the best parameters. Best parameters are too much dependant on source footage and personal flavour.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Imy

my suggestion is to keep the output interlaced, i.e. 480i. Let the modern TV/monitor hardware to do the conversion job, if needed. If you want to force de-interlacing, then you have to run your own testing to discover which are the best parameters. Best parameters are too much dependant on source footage and personal flavour.

Bye
    Thank you for the response Mr C. I agree and I think you're right with this advice. I will do some testing to find the best fit.

I had wrongly assumed that interlaced material on a modern day flatscreen tv is a bad idea. On the other hand my Samsung TV display interlaced footage perfectly so maybe you are correct in that Interlaced material should remain interlaced unless very its very necessary to de-interlace.

If I provide a clip of the footage I am applying a resize filter to - Can you help recommend a suitable filter?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Allright. Also other expert guys can give their advise, maybe with some additional AviSynth filters.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know if it was mentioned, but resizing interlaced content isn't good idea. You have to first deinterlace it and resize it after this. So you end with progressive content. (when you change number of lines) But it is obvious, sorry to disturb you.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned, but resizing interlaced content isn't good idea. You have to first deinterlace it and resize it after this. So you end with progressive content. (when you change number of lines) But it is obvious, sorry to disturb you.

Bernix
    Bernix.. I had not considered that but thanks for the warning.

Here is the link to the footage I wish to resize to 576p. Any advice on the most appropriate resize filter would be greatly appreciated.

https://mega.nz/#!0NFwyKJS!O3iCTzKQlhqRq3pj0KM9sgJYWR-ECGZbKj-vwyqwliM
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The footage is 50 fps, but every frame is duplicated, giving 25 fps unique interlaced frames 50 unique fields.

You could certainly deinterlace to 50p if this is what you wish; for dvd I would leave it interlaced and create 720x576
    in an mpeg2 encoder. For other needs create a 50p output resolution your choice. To create the proper 16/9 aspect ratio
    you could leave the height as 576 and set the width to 720 and make it anamorphioc so that it gets stretched during playback on the
    computer. Or non-anamorphic at 1024x576. Note anamporphic may not work on other devices, PC only.

Encoded in Virtualdub filtermod with this script:

LoadCPlugin("I:\path\ffms2.dll")
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("I:\path\yadif.dll")
    Video = FFVideoSource("C:\path\Glastonbury 1080i PAL(1).mkv", track=-1, seekmode=0,fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
    audio=directshowsource("C:\path\Glastonbury 1080i PAL(1).mkv",video=no)
    video=video.yadif(mode=1)
    Video = Video.blackmanresize(1024,576)
    video=video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)
    Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(-0.35)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 20th Jan 2018 at 21:49.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @Bernix

AVStoDVD already takes care to de-interlace, resize, interlace again, during the AviSynth script creation process.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @_MrC_
    truly interlaced in last step or just set flag? To do it really interlaced seems to me be redundant and weird when already progressive.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  17. Truly interlaced, somebody prefers to have higher temporal definition. Otherwise the user can de-interlace. All options are available.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote